A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, December 23, 2010

Classic Look for Going Out

A while ago, I went out for some appetizers and drinks for a friend of mine's birthday. My personal style often incorporates elements of punk, goth, or 80's but when one is going to somewhere that is a bit nicer, one must "tone it down", so to speak. So, I thought I would play it boring and classic: a nice and simple shimmery smokey eye with a neutral blush and red lips. I decided to share my outfit as well as my clothes and accessories are often my inspiration for my makeup looks. Once again, the look was pretty boring and toned down with a floral print halter style dress with a 50's-ish retro looking collar, a shiny studded bracelet, a rose cocktail ring, satin black peep toe high heels, and a ruffly purse that looks like a skirt that my fiance picked out for me years ago. Even though my fiance is the LEAST effeminate person EVER, (he likes tools and fixing things and cars, etc) he is actually quite good at picking out accessories, clothes, shoes, and makeup for me. I always found that to be super weird and funny so I just thought I'd throw that out there. Now that I am looking at the picture of my "equipment" again, I realize he picked out the Lise Watier eyeshadow duo for me as well! Too funny.

Face: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Powder in NC15.

Eyes: UDPP and MAC Paint pot in Soft Ochre were applied first. Watier Savanna Dream eyeshadow duo in Golden Khaki was used to create the smokey eye. The lighter side of it was used on the inner lid, and the darker side of it was used on the outer lid and blended inwards and into the crease. I love the packaging on this duo and I use it to create a quick and easy smokey eye all the time! Maybelline liquid eyeliner in black was used on the upper lashline (what else is new?) and Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Zero was used on the waterline (it really doesn't stay on that well as you can see). On the lower lashline, Lise Watier glitter eyeliner in Black Diamond was used. I just love Lise Watier's glitter eyeliners; this particular one is black with black and sliver sparkles. They stay in place all night long but are VERY difficult to remove! Yay for waking up with glitter in your eye! Maybelline The Falsies mascara was applied to both the upper and lower lashes.

Lips: Chanel Rouge Allure Laque in 75 Dragon was used. Despite the use of Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Liner in Ozone, I find this one ALWAYS bleeds a bit on me. This is visible in the picture only minutes after it was applied.

Cheeks: Hard Candy Blush in Pin Up was used. For approximately $7, what a nice shimmery neutral!

Brows: I have run out of MAC eyebrow pencil in Stud. I have an Annabelle eyebrow pencil that is too light and reddish of a brown that I use when I have red hair that filled in for the evening. It's really waxy and awful and I HATE it.

THE EQUIPMENT

THE LIPS


THE EYES



THE LOOK





THE STYLE

2 comments:

  1. I shoulda known it was Dragon. I'm always looking for the most perfect freakin red lip colour after seeing Dragon on Temptalia so seeing this look I think OH HEY I WANT THIS LIP COLOUR NOW, and see the "what was used" list and dammit, tis Dragon. I should just dish out the cash and get that bad boy already. It'S sO PeRfEcT!

    ReplyDelete