A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, December 31, 2010

Primary Colours

This was the look I wore for Christmas Eve. It was inspired by a vintage 80's sweater dress that I got off of ebay a long time ago that has red, blue, and yellow circles on it. I thought it would be fun to put together a look using the primary colours.

I used some Lime Crime products on my eyes and I am aware that there is some controversy surrounding this brand. I think their Magic Dusts are actually quite a nice product to use as they are soft, very pigmented, and blendable; however, they are highly overpriced for a smaller, non-high end brand that likely re-packages their shadows rather than creating new ones. Also, if you read makeup blogs (which if you're looking at this I assume you do) you have probably heard about how the company threatened people who gave their products negative reviews or who voiced their thoughts about the re-packaging issue. A particularly good summary of the Lime Crime controversy can be read on this blog. I enjoy the products I bought from them originally but would likely not purchase anything again due to their questionable conduct and prices.

Face: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer pressed powder in NC15.

Cheeks: Nars Blush in Orgasm was lightly applied.....BORING!! Man, I really need to branch out on my blushes! I hardly ever buy blushes for some reason.

Eyes: Medusa's Makeup eye dust in Big Bird was used on the inner lid. It was blended into Lime Crime Magic Dust in Cleopatra in the middle of the lid. I actually REALLY love this colour. It is a shiny, oragnge-ish gold. This was then blended in to Siren Magic Dust on the outer part of the lid. This looks like a red colour in the pot but shows up as more of an orange-y red on my eye. For a bit more redness in the outer V, Manic Panic's powder blush in Vampire Red was applied. I actually have never tried this as a blush, I only use it as a matte red eyeshadow. For eyeliner, Maybelline black liquid eyeliner was used on the upper lash and Urban Decay 24/7 eyeliner in Zero was used on the waterline. Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Eldorado was used on the inner corner of the eye and blended into Annabelle eye kohl in Lapis in the middle of the lower lashline. On the outer lower lashline, Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Binge was blended into Lapis. A thin line of Geisha Ink black liquid liner was also used on the lower lashline. Maybelline The Falsies mascara in black was used on the upper lashes and Medusa's Makeup mascara in Blue Blood was used on the bottom lashes.

Brows: Annabelle eyebrow pencil in Medium Brown.

Lips: Nars Moon Fleet lipgloss was used. I. LOVE. NARS. LIPGLOSS. It has the nicest texture of any lipgloss you'll find in my opinion. It's hard to see the golden sparkles in the picture but they're pretty in real life!

THE EQUIPMENT

THE LIPS


THE EYES



Some of these pictures are way too bright but they show off some of the colours in a different light so I thought I would put them on anyway.





THE LOOK





THE INSPIRATION: My vintage 80's sweater dress! It looks weird without shoes....

No comments:

Post a Comment