A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Quick and Dirty Smokey Eyes with Red Lips

I have a confession to make.....I have turned into a hot mess. I used to be very scheduled and anal about time management but lately it seems that I have degenerated into a person who is always a day behind on her s#!@. Because of this, I have come to love cheap drugstore brand makeup palettes even though I tend to prefer more high end brands or unique products. They are AWESOME when one is running late and can't think of anything interesting to do with one's makeup but one is not willing to leave the house without it. Today, we shall take a look at one of these said palettes by Maybelline. The particular one I have used for my look is the Stylish Smokes 02 - Natural Smokes palette which I use for daytime looks quite often! I love it when I am in a rush to be on time for work because the palette tells you how to do your look and you don't even have to think twice about it! Which leads me to another confession.....I didn't really create this eyeshadow look myself, Maybelline told me how to do it! For approximately $8 getting a whole easy eyeshadow look is a great value in my opinion. I am also wearing Kat Von D painted love lipstick in Hellbent. I have a miniature version that came in my Kat Von D Tattoo Chronicles lipstick set. In the pictures, the lip colour does not quite show up how it does in real life, it is actually quite a bit darker and quite blue based. Stay tuned, I will be doing a review of Kat Von D painted love lipsticks soon!

Face: MAC Prep and Prime, Mac Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC select sheer powder in NC15.


Eyes: UDPP, MAC paint pot in Soft Ochre, all four Maybelline Natural Smokes eyeshadows applied as directed, Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Zero on the waterline, Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner in Corrupt on the bottom lashline, Maybelline Liquid eyeliner in Black on upper lashline, Maybelline The Falsies Mascara in Black, MAC eyebrow pencil in Stud.

Lips: Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil in Ozone, Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Hellbent.

Cheeks: Smashbox Double Take Colour Kit Fusion Cheek Colour (My go - to for a neutral warm blush that goes with everything).

Also, if anyone gives a f***, I made the earrings I'm wearing.


THE EQUIPMENT


THE PALETTE




THE SWATCHES


THE LIPS (Oh my dear god are my lips ever dry and NASTY!! Sorry!)



THE EYES

That stray hair going across my eye is really bugging me!






THE LOOK!




No comments:

Post a Comment