A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Stila Travel Girl Palettes: Make an Impression in Moscow

A while ago, I went to the new Shoppers Drug Mart that opened in my city and was very pleased to see that they had an extensive Beauty Boutique (not all locations do). I was also very pleased that they had Stila products as they were not available in any other location in my city. One of the things I bought was the Make an Impression in Moscow travel palette.


The Good: The palettes are small enough that they are easy to carry around in your purse. They contain four eyeshadows as well as a convertible colour which is wearable on both the cheeks and the lips which makes it SUPER FREAKIN' convenient for bringing along on trips! The packaging is cute (I must admit, I am a bit of a packaging whore) and I love the built in mirror; it is a large enough size so as not to be completely useless as are mirrors in various cosmetic products. I also found it easy to create several different eyeshadow looks with the colours available and the product itself is smooth, pigmented, and blendable. I absolutely love the colours and the convertible colour is a nice neutral that would look good on a variety of skintones.

The Bad: The convertible colour tends to get a little bit messy and ugly looking after repeated use.

The Verdict: I think that for $13 this palette is an excellent value from which you can create several looks and conveniently bring it along with you on your daily adventures!

Here is a very simple daytime look I often wear using the colours in this palette.

Face: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer pressed powder in NC15 (please excuse my crappy skin, it is really cold and dry here at this time of the year and it messes with my skin!)

Eyes: Urban Decay Primer Potion (UDPP), MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre, Chill on the inner lash, Mink blended out on outer lash, and a light wash of Matryoshka for the under brow highlight. Maybelline liquid eyeliner in black on upper lash, Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero on waterline, Urban Decay 24/7 liner in corrupt on lower lashline, MAC eyebrow pencil in Stud, and Maybelline Define a Lash Volume mascara in Brownish Black on upper and lower lashes.

Cheeks: Stila Convertible Colour in Lily applied with fingers lightly to the apples of the cheeks.

Lips: (Once again, please pardon my dried as s#!@ lips, it is drier than I don't know what here!) Stila Convertible Colour in Lily applied with a lip brush.


The EQUIPMENT

THE PALETTE

THE SWATCHES
(Sorry, the text on this is really small! FAIL! From the top: Matryoshka, Nadia, Chill, Mink, and Lily Convertible Lip/Cheek Colour on the Bottom)


THE LIPS


THE EYES







THE LOOK!






No comments:

Post a Comment