A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

A Hot Mess: New Year's Eve 2010

Here is the look I did for an evening out on New Year's Eve 2010!!! Some friends and I first went out for a nice dinner before going out for drinks after. I wore a nice lipgloss to dinner and then applied something a bit darker for going out afterwards.....I find that if I go out to eat with a dark lipstick on, it just turns into a HOT mess. Actually, my look is a bit of a hot mess as I was late getting into town to see my friends due to some car issues! I wanted to do something SUPER SWEET and this look isn't all that interesting, but here is what I came up with in my limited time.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in Nc15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

CHEEKS: MAC Blush in Coygirl.

EYES: MAC Cinderfella mineralize eyeshadow was applied wet to the inner lid. It was blended into Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eyeshadow in 17 Black in the middle of the lid. This was blended into NARS Night Breed in the outer V. Urban Decay 24/7 liner pencil was used on the waterline and Maybelline liquid eyeliner in black was used on the upper lashline. Maybelline The Falsies mascara was used on the upper and lower lashes before applying MAC false eyelashes. On the lower lashline, Medusa's Makeup glitter in Love Missile was mixed with a clear eyeliner base to create a glitter eyeliner!

BROWS: Annabelle eyebrow pencil in Medium Brown.

LIPS: The gloss I wore was Revlon Midnight Swirl lipgloss in Currant Affair. For going out afterwards, I used MAC Media with the Urban Decay 24/7 lipliner in Ozone. Then I applied Lancome Colour Fever Gloss in Intense over top.
THE EQUIPMENT


MAC Cinderfella from the style black collection...it is black with silver sparkles.

Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eyeshadow in 17 Black. This was from the Black Velvet collection and WOW, is this eyeshadow ever awesome! You can't see it very well in the pictures but it is black with some kind of sparkly/shiny holographic reflect thing going on! I wish I had more eyeshadows from this collection!

NARS Night Breed: You can't see it in the picture but it is matte black with multicoloured sparkles.


Medusa's Makeup Love Missile glitter. I thought this would look red on my eyes but it showed up more pink. It is a mixture of fuschia, red, and orange sparkles.

THE EYES






LIP SWATCHES: From Left to Right: Revlon Midnight Swirl lipgloss in Currant Affair, Lancome Colour Fever lipgloss in Intense, MAC Media lipstick, MAC Media with Intense layered on top. Currant Affair looks somewhat dark but applies quite sheer.


THE LIPS: Gloss

THE LOOK






After dinner.....in the bathroom of a bar.....SUPER CLASSY! Do you like the toilet in the background? When I was taking a picture of myself, some girl was looking at me weird and my friend said, "She's just taking pictures of herself for her makeup blog." So this girl says, "Oh I don't care, I take pictures of myself all the time just for fun!" Aaaallllrighty then!


Here's me and my best friend! We enjoy being hot messes together. She had sweet eyeshadow on! We saw this guy outside the bar with crazy hair and she put my Media lipstick on him. It was quite humourous, I am sad that I don't have a picture of him.
Here are my dark lips. They are SO DRY! This picture did not turn out well.


Here is my friend's sweet eyeshadow! The picture does not capture the true sparkle of them though...I think she used Medusa's Makeup glitter in AK47.

HAPPY NEW YEAR!

No comments:

Post a Comment