A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, January 31, 2011

I'm In Space! An 80's-esque Nebula Inspired Look

Not far from where I live, there is a convenience store that I often visit. Quite some time ago, a very pleasant young man worked at the cash register. Unfortunately, the poor gentleman had Tourette's Syndrome. On one particular occasion, while ringing in my purchases, he exclaimed, "I'M IN SPACE!!!".....after which he proceeded to resume what he was doing as though nothing had happened and was still extremely pleasant to boot. I thought that this young man dealt with his condition with such grace. For some reason, I always remembered his random space comment and it tends to pop into my head at weird times.....such as when I was shopping and saw a shirt with a star/nebula/space print on it. I thought of the gentleman and smiled and purchased the shirt. Then I looked at the shirt and thought about a makeup look.......yeah, that's about how my train of thought is going these days.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15, Cover FX Conceal FX Camouflage Concealer in X-Light for some skin issues.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Love Bites.....what a nice, bright orangey-peach colour!

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

LIPS: MAC lipstick in Red Full Stop with MAC Lipglass in Spring Bean over top.

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot. MAC Pigment in Neo-Orange was used on the inner lid. MAN DID I HAVE A HELL OF A TIME WORKING WITH THIS ONE!!! It is a matte and it was just a pain in the ass to apply nicely with my brush. After farting around with it for quite some time, it didn't really turn out that well. I EVEN RESORTED TO A DISPOSABLE SPONGE APPLICATOR! It's a great colour though. Anyway, on the middle of the lid, Evil Shades eyeshadow in Cranberry Champagne was blended into NARS Night breed in the outer V. The waterline was lined with Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero and the lower lashline was lined with Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Oil Slick. Maybelline Line Stiletto was used on the upper lashline. Maybelline The Colossal mascara in black was used on the upper and lower lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES











THE LOOK

There is a nebula on my shirt. This pleases me. Space is freakin' cool.

2 comments:

  1. oh I love this look!!! (I'm totally stalking the rest of your blog incase you're like "uhhhhh you are LATE LADY!") That shirt is so awesome. I <3 nebulas with their big ol gassy rainbows :)

    ReplyDelete