A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, January 16, 2011

Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Botanical

Guess what? I LOVE WEIRD LIP COLOURS! Thusly, my dear friend got me this Obsessive Cosmetics Lip Tar for Xmas. I have been playing with it a bit since she gave it to me. Here is a brief review of what I think of it.

THE GOOD: The texture of this lip tar is like.....tar. I now see why they named them lip tars. I guess that makes sense. Anyway, these are like no lip product I have ever tried before. Because the texture was so smooth and sticky, I thought it would be uncomfortable to wear and not long wearing. However, this product applied nicely, the colour was buildable, it dried from a tarry feel to more of a dried but mositurizing feel and wore on my lips for quite a while and even after I drank a few cocktails. The finish is super shiny and nice. The colour is also really neat and I think it would be really good for mixing new colours if I ever collect a few more of them. Also, it does not stain and is not drying!

THE BAD: The colour is not necessarily "wearable" in the traditional sense. My mother saw me when I was testing out this lovely green and thought that I had perhaps lost it. However, I am not afraid to rock a weird lip colour.....when I find have the perfect outfit to wear it out with, I will be sure to post my look! Another bad thing is the packaging. It is ugly and boring. These are also slightly pricey for a small tube (approximately $14 Canadian) and kind of expensive for something that can only be worn for "special occasions".

THE VERDICT: This is a product that is rather pricey and boringly packaged. It is not something you can wear every day but you could use it more often for mixing your own lip colours if you had some of the other shades. However, the texture of this product is to DIE for; it is both moisturizing and fairly long wearing. The colour is also quite unique and the formula can easily be applied completely opaquely over lips which is not something you can say for most oddly coloured lip products.

Obsessive Compulsive Lip Tar in Botanical

THE ARM SWATCH



I DON'T KNOW WHY I TOOK THIS PICTURE...IT IS NOT PARTICULARLY USEFUL


THE LIP SWATCH


DO YOU LIKE THE LIP TAR ON MY TEETH?

No comments:

Post a Comment