A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, January 14, 2011

Smashbox Ugly Electric Eyeshadow Quad

Once upon a time, I used to shop on the Smashbox Cosmetics website because they used to clear out some of their products at a sale price. However, one day they shipped me some products and charged me more for brokerage than the products cost, but that's another story......Anyway, one of the products that I got on sale was an eyeshadow quad called "Electric". I got it because not only had they marked it down like, 1,000 freakin' times, but it was UGLY! Confession: I am kind of attracted to things that are ugly (clothes, shoes, etc.) because they are refreshing because they aren't what you'd usually choose, you know? I thought, "What the f*&% am I going to do with this?" In my traincase it sat, until recently when I found it again when looking for makeup to screw around with. Here's what the f%$& I did with it.

FACE: Make up Forever HD Primer in 0 Neutral, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

CHEEKS: Missing from my equipment picture is NARS Blush in Orgasm. BOR-ING!!! I use this blush way too much. I really need to branch out in the blush area.

LIPS: Kat Von D Painted Love lipstick in Coral Castle with MAC Kissable Lipcolour in Exxxhibitionist on top.

BROWS: Annabelle eyebrow pencil in Medium Brown.

EYES: On the inner lid, the yellow shade from the quad (see picture below) was applied and blended into the salmon shade. The outer V was done with the dark purple shade and the crease was cut with the sparkly navy blue shade. The yellow shade was also lightly applied to the browbone. Maybelline black liquid eyeliner was applied to the upper lid (as per usual) and Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero was applied to the waterline. Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Eldorado was used on the inner lower lashline and Smashbox cream eyeliner in deep plum was used on the outer lower lashline. Maybelline The Colossal mascara in black was used on lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES







THE LIPS



THE LOOK


No comments:

Post a Comment