A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, February 3, 2011

Stila Fabulous in Fiji Travel Girls Palette

I've got but one more Stila Travel Girl Palette to review for you. It is the Stila Fabulous in Fiji Palette. I just found this post when screwing around on my blog, apparently I had forgotten about it/thought I had already posted it a long time ago. Anyway, here it is now.

THE GOOD: These palettes are a great price for something you can use for several different looks for only $13 Canadian. I found that the eyeshadows in this palette were all fairly nice and none were chalky like some of the shadows in the other palettes. The colours are pretty neat....I especially love Palm (the green eyeshadow)! I also enjoy the cute packaging with the mirror and like how the palettes are portable for ladies on the road!

THE BAD: The convertible colour, Plumeria, is kind of weird. I think it is meant to be a bronzer, and I do not tan nor do I wear bronzer save for a very light one as a blush the odd time so perhaps I am somewhat biased. Also, it looked like $h!t on me so yeah, I guess I am biased against it. It is an ugly coppery colour with multicoloured sparkles....WTF?

THE UGLY: The convertible colour in this palette had a really crappy texture, which is not the case for the convertible colours in the other palettes that I have tried. It is really kind of slippery and applied poorly in my opinion. It was hard to blend as well.

THE VERDICT: As always, I enjoy portable, cute palettes. The eyeshadows in this one can be used to make a cool, bright look. Unfortunately, the convertible bronzer is really very poor.

THE PALETTE





Ugly Bronzer: Plumeria.
Eyeshadows clockwise from the top left hand corner: Palm, R & R, Escape, and Wave.


THE SWATCHES

From left to right: Plumeria Convertible Colour, Wave, Palm, Escape, R & R.




Now it's time for a look done with the palette and some other stuff!

FACE: Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.
*NOTE: I have found that Smashbox Photo Finish Primer is completely and utterly incompatible with MAC Studio Fix Fluid foundation. When I apply my foundation over top of it, it balls up like an old sweater or something! AWFUL!

BROWS: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown.

CHEEKS: Plumeria Convertible Colour.

LIPS: Plumeria Convertible Colour.

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. R & R was applied to the inner lid and blended into Escape. Wave was applied in the outer V and blended into Palm in the crease. Maybelline liquid eyeliner in black was used on the upper lashline. Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero was used on the waterline. Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Grafiti was applied to the lower lashline. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara in black was used on upper and lower lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES






THE LIPS


THE LOOK


No comments:

Post a Comment