A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Lancome Indigo Charm Palette Look

I used to hate gold. I only wore silver jewelry or clothes/shoes with silver accents. However, sometimes I find that things you think are ugly can be refreshing in a way. Lately, when shopping, I have found myself being strangely attracted to a few things with gold in them and I have been screwing around with gold makeup more often. One of the things I bought recently was a nice black dress with a gold belt and gold buttons. I wore it out to dinner one night with my family and I ordered some delicious ribs. Unfortunately for me, I am an idiot stick and the cloth napkins were black and I had the napkin sitting over my knees and at some point it fell off......and I wiped my rib-encrusted fingers down the length of the black dress thinking that it was the napkin. NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!! For the love of all things holy, could I be a hotter mess? Thankfully, my mother is skilled at laundry and was able to save my dress. HOORAY! Anyway, here is the look I came up with for the evening using the Lancome Indigo Charm palette.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades blush in Burlesque. I LOVE THIS ONE! It is a nice peachy pink that really pops!

LIPS: MAC Lipstick in Victorian.

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. Shadow #1 (see swatches below) from the Indigo Charm Palette was used on the inner lid. Shadow #4 was blended in towards the middle of the lid. Shadow #3 was used in the crease and Shadow #2 was used in the outer V. Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Eldorado was used on the lower lashline and Zero was used on the waterline. Maybelline The Colossal Mascara was used on the upper and lower lashes.


THE EQUIPMENT


THE PALETTE

THE SWATCHES

Shadow #2 and #3 look very similar both in the pan and on the eye. #2, in my opinion, is more of a blue shade and #3 leans a little bit more purple.

THE LIPS


THE EYES




THE LOOK

Black and gold chain necklace and earrings courtesy of my friend who appears with me in the hot mess posts. There's a matching bracelet too!

No comments:

Post a Comment