A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Mark Industria Cream Eyeshadow/Eyeliner Review, Swatches, and Look

Usually I am bored to death by the makeup in the Mark/Avon catalogues and thus I ignore both companies and spend my makeup budget elsewhere. Howver, about a month ago, I did decide to try a couple of things for the hell of it. Here is one of the things that I bought: a Mark Keep It Going Longwear Eyeliner and Shadow duo. The reason I bought it is kind of silly......I was ordering some things from the Avon catologue so I thought I would try something from Mark while I was at it so I decided to try this duo as it is named Industria and this pleases me because I am an industrial music connoisseur in my own mind. Wow, I really don't make a lot of sense anymore these days. MOVING ON......to a quick reveiw.

THE GOOD: I really like the compact that this comes in. It's portable and cute. I also enjoy the colours in this duo.

THE BAD: You don't really get that much product for the price, it was $12 Canadian for the compact. It seemed like I had to apply a lot to get the colours to show up and it seems like they would get used up fairly quickly. I applied these to the eyelid with a concealer brush (my makeup application techniques are rather SKETCHY to say the least) as I thought the product would be stiffer......wrong! It is very creamy in texture but really hard to blend and build the colour. On the lower lashline, I applied it as an eyeliner with an angled brush which went a lot better, but it seemed to smudge quite a bit.

THE UGLY: This product is named "KEEP IT GOING" which indicates to me that it is supposed to be long wearing. I am not a huge fan of cream eyeshadows to begin with as my oily skin is not kind to them, but this one started creasing right after I took my pictures. Applied as eyeliner, it did a little better but still smudged super easily.

THE INDIFFERENCE: This product is nicely packaged and named so I was attracted to it. The colours are....meh. It wears and blends poorly as an eyeshadow (though the poor blending is also perhaps related to poor technique). It wears a little bit better as an eyeliner but it might work better for creating a smudged line rather than a precise one. Overall, I'm not particularly impressed.

THE PACKAGING


THE SWATCHES




Here is a look I put together to try the Industria shadows/liners out. It really didn't turn out the way I wanted it to. The application is $h!t, the blending is $#!t, and the lipstick I picked was not the colour I thought it was......I thought it was more purple-ish but it is actually rather brown based or something and it kind of doesn't go. BLAH.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Vixen.......this is a dark, vampy shade which I am loving!

LIPS: MAC Lipstick in Hipster.

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. A thousand layers of the purple shade were used on the inner lid and the grey shade was blended (I use the term loosely) into the purple shade and into the outer V. The purple shade was used as an eyeliner on the lower inner lashline and the grey shade was used on the outer lower lashline. Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Zero was used on the waterline. Maybelline Line Stiletto was used on the upper lashline. Maybelline the Falsies Mascara was used on the upper and lower lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS

THE EYES




THE LOOK


5 comments:

  1. Don't you just hate when that happens? I use to be an Avon representative and even I agree they are very hit and miss. The only thing I tried from mark was the tinted moisturizer, which I quite liked for summertime.
    BTW, I actually love that lip color on you. It looks great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I hate that you spent twelve bucks on something that sucks that badly. But I have to say, the look you did at the end isn't bad. I may have to look at Hipster when I'm Back2MACing!

    --VijiiS

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the lips, actually! Its a shame when you buy something so pooey, although it *looks* pretty... why on earth does the product need two lids though? Wierd.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Agree about the lips! I'm going to have to check out Hipster, I'm such a sucker for dark vampy lips... Too bad about the Mark eye product, the eye look is gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad to find this review. I was going to try the cream shadows/liners. After reading this, hell no. Not a chance.

    ReplyDelete