A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, February 17, 2011

Military Smokey Eye

Has anyone out there ever danced to the classic goth dance floor anthem "Military Fashion Show" by And One? I am not sure why I asked that, as it is not particularly relevant. However, the song has been repeatedly popping in to my head lately when shopping for clothes as there seems to be some sort of military chic type of trend going on right now which I am LOVING! Anyway, here is a look I made up to go with my military-green sweater with little military buttons along the shoulders!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

CHEEKS: Smashbox Double Take Fusion Cheek Colour, aka "Old Faithful." I call this particular blush Old Faithful because it is so neutral it hurts and it goes with everything so I tend to use it when I can't really think of which blush to use. It's boring, but it's my go-to. Oh wow, I just realized that I name my blushes.......that is slightly disconcerting.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

LIPS: GOSH Lipstick in Darling was used, which is a nice nude shade. NARS lip gloss in Triple X (it sounds interesting but it's just clear gloss) was layered on over top.

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. The darker half of the L'Oreal HIP eyeshadow duo in Riotous was used on the entire lid below the crease. A loose eyeshadow sample called Magnetic that I got from Coastal Scents was blended upwards from the crease. For the outer V, MAC Pigment in Dark Soul was used. On the upper lashline, Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner in Black was used. Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero was used on the waterline and Stash was used on the lower lashline. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara was used on upper and lower lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS



THE EYES








THE LOOK


No comments:

Post a Comment