A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, February 14, 2011

Pink and Purple Valentine's Day Look: Kickin' it Old Skool with the Shu Uemura Adorned Marguerite Palette

Today is Valentine's Day so I guess we all have to do Valentine's Day makeup looks or something. I decided to crack out one of my classic, tried and true looks that I made up years ago when I got my coveted Shu Uemura Adorned Marguerite palette. It's old skool from the Mika Holiday 2008 collection but it's one of my favourites! I always have DROOLED over Shu Uemura's palettes with their delicious colour combinations and gorgeous packaging but they are expensive and hard to procure from where I currently reside. I just HAD to have one of them however, and I decided to get the Adorned Marguerite palette. I'm glad I did because there are SO many looks you can do with the palette and the eyeshadows blend and apply so smoothly you wouldn't even believe it! Also, the pink colour in this palette is the BEST pink eyeshadow EVER, in my humble opinion. Anyway, here is a look that embodies my love for my precious, one and only, Shu Uemura palette.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Gossamer......it is a nice light pink and it looks really shiny on me.

LIPS: Lips were done with some other old skool products from MAC's holiday 2008 collection. I used Overjoyed lipstick with Sheer Vision Gloss over top from the Intriguing Scarlet: 3 Cool Pinks lip palette. This packaging is also quite gorgeous, don't you think?

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot. In the inner corner of the eye, the cream eyeliner from the Shu Uemura palette (see picture below) was used. The pink shade from the palette was blended from the inner lid into the purple shade in the middle of the lid. For the outer V, the black sparkly shade was used. The Barbie Loves Stila Smudgepot in Purple Pumps was used as an eyeliner on the upper lashline. Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner was used over top of this. On the lower lashline, MAC Pearlglide Eyeliner in Rave was used. Maybelline The Falsies mascara was used on the upper lashes and Medusa's Makeup Mascara in Majestic was used on the lower lashes. Annabelle Eye Kohl in White was used on the waterline.

THE EQUIPMENT


Shu Uemura Adorned Marguerite Palette. Marvel at it's beautiful packaging! Also, the packaging is METAL, not plastic! SO NICE!!!


The eyeshadows in this palette do not have names, so I shall make some up. From left to right: Sparkly Black eyeshadow, Yellowy Gold eyeshadow, Best Pink Eyeshadow Ever, er, eyeshadow, Deep Sky Blue eyeshadow, Purpley Purple eyeshadow, Springy Green eyeshadow, Metallic Bronze eyeshadow, and Silvery White cream eyeliner/shadow.......I am the worst eyeshadow namer EVER!


The good enough to eat packaging of Intriguing Scarlet: 3 Cool Pink Lips.




From left to right: Sheer Vision gloss, Overjoyed lipstick, Make Me Melt lipstick.


THE LIPS




THE EYES











THE LOOK


No comments:

Post a Comment