A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Rainbow Zebra Shoe Inspired Look

A couple weeks ago, I went out to a Finger 11 concert. I don't like their latest 2 albums but their first three are GOLD, I tell you! I've been listening to them for YEARS and YEARS and I thought that if they did play ANY of their old stuff it would be worth it! Unfortunately, it was a SEATED show, and everyone just sat there and listened to the music. WHAT AN OLD PEOPLE CONCERT!!!!! The city I'm from is SO LAME!!!! I saw them 10 years ago in some tiny little punky venue and it was just awesome! Anyways, myself being the hot mess that I am, stood up and sang along and danced to the old songs along with a few other people so we could actually have fun!! There were also a few other hot messes there that made me laugh. There was one girl who was dressed oh-so-nicely that I saw having a drink before the show......I later saw her drag herself across the floor of the ladies' room to vomit upon herself. Another hot mess got drunk, somehow got up on stage, and grabbed the lead singer's microphone as he stood back and watched with mild amusement. When she finally got hold of the microphone, everyone went silent to see what this crazy person would have to say for herself.....there was a dramatic pause and she said......."Hellooooo." She said it in the most indifferent sounding voice ever; you'd think that if you went to all the trouble of thwarting security to get to the microphone you'd at LEAST have something interesting to say! It was hilarious.......you had to be there. Anyway, here's the makeup. It was inspired by the rainbow zebra shoes that I wore.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Avens.

LIPS: MAC Lipglass in Style Minx from Heatherette.

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. Sugarpill's Magnetric was applied to the inner corner of the eye. It was blended in to Medusa's Makeup Eye Dust in Big Bird on the inner lid. This was then blended in to Sugarpill's Absinthe Chromalust which was blended in to Medusa's Makeup Eye Dust in Blue Balls in the outer V. Miss X Cosmetics' Royally Fucked eyeshadow was used along the lower lashline. Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Zero was used on the waterline and Maybelline Line Stiletto black liquid eyeliner was used on the upper lashline. Maybelline The Falsies Mascara was used on upper and lower lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE SHOE


THE SHOE....with the toenail polish that I wore. I used one colour on each toenail! I did not take pictures of this because when I paint my nails, it looks like a five-year-old did it to be quite honest with you, and saying that is an insult to five-year-olds.


THE SHOE AND THE EYESHADOW



THE LIPS


THE EYES









THE LOOK



3 comments:

  1. This is so awesome! Looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dude those shoes are hot!! And I love the look you did! LOL, sounds like your had a pretty sweet night.

    ReplyDelete