A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, February 13, 2011

Urban Decay 15 Year Anniversary 24/7 Glide-On Pencil Set Review and Swatches

I must say, I certainly got a nice present for Valentine's Day from my fiance! Apparently, he pays attention the odd time and saw me drooling over this particular item when we were last at Sephora (which was a LONG time ago, as there is no Sephora in the city where I currently reside). I got a Viva La Juicy perfume in gel form such that I may sneak it on at work (I'm not allowed to wear perfume at my work and the gel form smells more subtle than the spray form) and take it in my purse without breaking it, some lipgloss, and THE URBAN DECAY 15 YEAR ANNIVERSARY 24/7 GLIDE ON PENCIL SET!! (Wow, that last sentence was rather run-on and verbose, also I am excessively using brackets; don't hate, it's just because I'm excited!) Anyway, here's a quick review (of the pencils in general) and some swatches!

THE GOOD: I love these pencils, and so does almost everyone else! They come in a superb range of colours, they never smudge, and they wear all day and all night long! They're definitely not called 24/7 for nothing.......well, I wouldn't try wearing one for 7 days a week, that is just unhygienic! They also glide right along when you use them, whether it is on your upper lashline, lower lashline, or waterline. Also, the set is very nicely packaged. Something I particularly like about this set is that it comes with a sharpener! I have one that really needs replacing so I am pleased. A final good thing I should mention is that some of the pencils are not sold on their own but are available in this set: Stray Dog, Asphyxia, Perversion, Uzi, Midnight Cowboy, and Corrupt.

THE BAD: The pencils are expensive at $18 US each. However, mini pencil sets are available for around $35 US that contain 9 colours and sometimes a full size pencil to boot so this is a good way to collect several of them. The set I am swatching here is $92 US which is still quite pricey but is a better value than buying 15 pencils at $20 US each. It may not be a good value for someone who does not wear eyeliner often or enjoys more subtle eyeliner hues.

THE VERDICT: I use these pencils every single day and I use them for most of my makeup looks. They are my favourite pencils and this is a makeup set that I will be using A LOT!!!

THE SET



THE SWATCHES

From left to right: Stray Dog, Corrupt, Bourbon, Midnight Cowboy, Baked, Stash, Mildew, Perversion, Electric, Binge, Ransom, Asphyxia, Rockstar, Zero, Uzi, Oil Slick, Eldorado, Grafitti.


Stray Dog, Corrupt, Bourbon


Midnight Cowboy, Baked, Stash


Mildew, Perversion (a super matte black compared to Zero), Electric


Binge, Ransom, Asphyxia


Rockstar, Zero, Uzi


Here are a few pencils that I had already that were not part of the set.
Oil Slick, Eldrorado, Grafitti

1 comment:

  1. Love this set! I've been drooling over it for awhile now... Thanks for swatching it and giving me yet another excuse to validate my impending decision to run out and buy it!

    ReplyDelete