A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hot Spring Trend: Orange Overload!

Orange.........it's EVERYWHERE this spring in case you haven't noticed! Orange makeup, especially lipcolour, has been featured on the Sephora website, in various makeup ads (Dior, L'Oreal, etc.) on lots of blogs that I eyeball, and in lots of fashion magazines (orange lips on the cover of FLARE) that I like to cut pictures out of! I absolutely love orange, so I am just loving that it's a hot, trendy colour for spring. I'm on ORANGE OVERLOAD AND I LIKE IT!!!! Uh, yeah, as you can tell, I'm super bored right now. I have been studying and studying and studying every day when I come home from my silly unpaid internship and I haven't even been looking at blogs that much this week because I have no time (I'm gettting caught up as we speak!) On top of that, I have been having some trouble with my internet and uploading photos.....LAME! Anyway, I am supposed to be studying right now but I'm taking a break! Here is a look overloaded with orangey goodness!

FACE: Make up Forever HD Primer in 0, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Love Bites. Since I did major orange lips and lots of orange on the eyes, I picked a more peach blush rather than an orange one. For a TRUE orange overload, I could have used Evil Shades Atomic or Ravishing.

LIPS: MAC lipstick in Morange. This was one of the first MAC lipsticks that I ever bought!

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. MAC eyeshadow in Orange was used on the lid closer to the lashline and blended up into Sugarpill's Flamepoint which was used all over the lid. Evil Shades CC41 (which is a FREAKIN' SUPER BRIGHT SUPER AWESOME COLOUR I AM IN LOVE) was blended into the crease and down around to the inner lid. Above CC41, I blended Lise Watier's Folie Orange up towards the brow. Directly underneath the brow, I used A1 from the Coastal Scents 88 Colour Ultra Shimmer Palette (see below). In the outer V, I used Morgana Cryptoria Pumpkin Spice. In the inner V (is there such a place? I don't know how else to describe it) I used J6. For the waterline, Urban Decay 24/7 liner in Perversion was used and Maybelline Black Liquid eyeliner was used on the upper lashline. On the lower lashline, an Annabelle lip liner in Midnight Sun was used.


THE EQUIPMENT




THE EYES









THE LIPS



THE LOOK




UNFLATTERING PICTURE OF THE DAY

Here is a picture my fiance-type person took of me doing my makeup. I had showered and dried my hair but couldn't decide what to wear so I put my pyjamas back on until my makeup was done. Do you like my Wendy's shirt? I used to work there (a lot!) when I was in highschool. This is my makeup setup for doing looks with more complex colour placement. I need to use my close-up mirror because it helps me to apply my makeup more precisely. There is no room in my tiny apartment to do makeup so I set this up in the hallway! Thankfully, I am nearly done school and we will be moving to a new city and a new and bigger apartment soon!

Have a great weekend!

11 comments:

  1. Ooooh, you look amazing in orange! I was thinking of picking up the Morange lipstick myself, but I'm not sure if I'll wear it. xP

    Good luck with the studying!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HAHA @ your finance type person!

    I LOVE this! And for your back's sake, I can't wait till you have a makeup table. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. :O

    I LOVE ORANGE. Love orange. Gorgeous look - I need Morange now!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heya! I'm a new follower to your blog and I bloody love your posts! I love orange eyeshadow aswell, Sugarpill Flamepoint is my current favourite :D

    http://thebeautyhooligan.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need more orange in my life. This is an awesome look.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, that orange actually really compliments your eye color a lot. I never think about using orange for some reason! I need to live a little and try it.

    I think I have that same traincase! XD

    ReplyDelete
  7. I tagged you for the Versatile blogger award ;) http://ethereal--beauty.blogspot.com/2011/04/versatile-blogger-award.html

    :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. That look is so f*ing awesome. Orange you glad it's spring?! LoLz. <3 the bottom photo, I have that exact mirror, and believe me, My "makeup" area looks very similar to that! :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a pretty great set-up. I just bought an orange-red lipstick that I'm planning on (hopefully!) reviewing once I have the time. I'm feeling this orange thing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! All that orange looks hot! Can't wait for you to have a vanity, as Zombie said, for your back's sake.

    ReplyDelete