A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, March 11, 2011

Indie Makeup Brands: Links and Recommendations

Sari from Bower of Blisse had asked me in the comments section to recommend some of my favourite indie products. I am quite new to indie brands so I would suggest that anyone who is interested in trying some indie products check out the following blogs:

Phyrra

Funny Face's Place

Silhouette Screams

Glitter is my Crack

The Makeup Zombie

Eyeconic Makeup

Stay Beautiful

Annamax

These are the sites that I often look to for swatches and reviews of independent companies. The ladies who run these blogs have a lot more information and experience in this area than I do, so I would recommend checking out their blogs first.

I will make a couple of general recommendations based on my own limited experience with independent companies.

Sugarpill Cosmetics: I have tried many colours of both the loose Chromalust shadows and the pressed shadows. All of their products are AWESOME, the colour range is fabulous, and the customer service and packaging are to die for.

CLICK FOR REVIEWS: Sugarpill Chromalust loose eyeshadows, Sugarpill Pressed eyeshadows.

Evil Shades Cosmetics: I have ordered from Evil Shades 3 or 4 times and have always had my orders processed and shipped promptly. The customer service is excellent. I am not a huge fan of their packaging, but I believe they are making a lot of changes in this area in the very near future. I have tried their lipsticks and I really like them (I've ordered more). Their eyeshadows are also very smooth and blendable. The Hardcore Lips glosses are a wonderful texture and smell divine! My favourite product from Evil Shades is their blushes. They are so unique and apply beautifully. Also, the prices are very affordable and samples sizes are available.

CLICK FOR REVIEWS: Evil Shades Pinup Girls Collection, Evil Shades Hardcore Lips Just Like Candy, Evil Shades Blush Swatches. I will soon be doing a post that features all of the Evil Shades blush colours used in a look so you can see them in action! I will also soon be doing a review of some of their eyeshadows as well as the Liquid Sin lipglosses.

Morgana Cryptoria: The eyeshadows that I have tried are all very nicely formulated and give great colour payoff. Their lipsticks are TO DIE FOR. The formulation is awesome and the colour range is unique with a wide variety of both wearable shades for every day and some weirder ones for gothing around, etc. Unfortunately, the lipsticks have gone up in price. You will also have to wait quite a while for your package to arrive if you live in Canada.

CLICK FOR REVIEWS: Morgana Cryptoria Eyeshadows and Lipstick. I will soon be posting a lot more lipstick swatches as I ordered a couple new ones and the 2011 collection sample set.

I am also dying to try Fyrinnae but their website is down A LOT or the checkout is closed or the lip lustres are not available, etc., and I find this to be rather irritating. EVENTUALLY I will order many of the lip lustres and some eyeshadows an blush as well.

Anyway, I hope this post helps people pick out some stuff to try from indie companies. Have a great weekend!

P.S. If anyone who's reading this has done any reviews or swatches of indie stuff that they would like to share, please post some links in the comments!

5 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for the mention! I adore Fyrinnae, everything I've tried of theirs is amazing, but they need to bring back the Lip Lustres!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two companies which I think don't get as much love as they should are High Voltage Cosmetics and Sassy Minerals. Ana (from Lipsticksandlightsabers) did a good review of Sassy Minerals which got me HOOKED! :) I have swatches from both companies on my blog.

    Oooh and for duochrome lovers, Persephone Minerals' Sailor Senshi collection. Annamax has beautiful swatches and looks with those. I ended up buying 8 samples after that :) I am going to try and swatch my haul in the next week.

    I have Sugarpill coming in the mail, my first purchase from there. Can't wait for it to arrive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the shout-out :) There are so many new companies I want to try out but I just cannot spend the money *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you, thank you, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. New Make-up lines looking for distribution in Canada?

    Are you looking for Distribution for your products? We are looking for New quality products to add to our store's within Canada. Opening 2015 - Toronto Area

    Are you interested in obtaining product distribution direct to the consumer for your Health and Beauty lines or accessories?

    A smart storefront and the right location are vital in retailing, but commercial real estate in eye-catching urban corridors can be expensive and hard to find making it nearly impossible for small or medium size business to obtain. Add to this a tough economy, and many startup retailers find themselves bunking up both to economize and build their businesses. So many companies have amazing products that just need to right exposure to the masses in order to get their products out of the door. With a current unfair market place that does not offer smaller Companies the opportunity or edge to even begin play in this competitive industry, we have created a proven, fair playing grounds that are feasible for all size Companies to gain an advantage in this competitive industry.

    “It takes a TEAM – to build your dream” – C. De Roy

    We are currently looking to expand and require select multiple brands of skin care, hair care, cosmetic, perfume and all beauty accessories vendors that are serious about having their products show-cased in our new trendy, chic retail locations within major metropolitan areas, throughout Canada.

    Are you interested in having your products in high traffic shopping centers? We will be opening our 1st location in Toronto Next Year 2015. Additional locations thru-out Canada to follow.

    Your fabulous products will not just be displayed on our sleek black custom made shelving, our staffing will consist of trained professional’s that will gain familiarity to your product line; providing informative instruction to the consumer, you will be required to provide all marketing for your products, selected brands will be featured every month and every client will receive a product sample of your choice to take home, Not only will you have an immediate professional image for your brand in a professional retail store setting, but Sheriff will take you with them to all beauty trade shows that we participate within adding even more brand awareness and exposure for your company.

    “What are you waiting for?”

    Limited spaces, only selected products and Companies will be given placement.
    Contact us by email: thru our web-site at www.sheriffcosmetics.com

    For your application


    ReplyDelete