A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, March 12, 2011

L.A. Colours Wildflowers Palette: Review, Swatches, and Look

Here's my review of the very bright and eye-catching L.A. Colours Wildflowers Palette! I also tried it out so you can see how these lovely eyeshadows look on!

THE GOOD: The price on this palette was certainly right.....I got it and another palette on sale for 2 for $5 Canadian. The regular price on this palette is $3.99 Canadian. For this very low price, you get five eyeshadows in a rather generic looking palette. The eyeshadows in this palette are bright and nicely coordinated and the quality and texture are not bad; I would say it is on par with less expensive drugstore brands like Wet N Wild. The palette also comes with a double ended sponge which is convenient.

THE BAD: The colours look really bright and awesome in the swatches but they tended to get rather "muddied" when I applied and blended them. You will see in my look below what I mean.

THE UGLY: The palette's packaging was really scratched and banged up. However, the price was reduced for this reason so at least I didn't pay full price for a damaged palette.

THE VERDICT: This palette has 5 nice bright colours that apply fairly well and are fun to play with! I would recommend L.A. Colours palettes (there are a wide variety of colour combinations) to anyone who is short on cash at the moment and needs some new makeup to play with!

THE PACKAGING


THE SWATCHES


Here's a look that I did using the wildflowers palette!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Ravishing.

LIPS: MAC Dazzleglass in Money, Honey.

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. Shadow 2 from the palette was used on the browbone. I decided to do a darker browbone instead of using the more obvious choice of Shadow 1 just to change things up a bit! Shadow 1 was used on the inner lid and blended into Shadow 3 which was blended into Shadow 5 in the outer V. Shadow 4 was used in the crease. As you can see, the colours got rather muddied when blended into one another. Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion was used on the waterline and Gosh Extreme Art Eyeliner in 03 was used on the lower lashline. Maybelline The Colossal Mascara was used on upper and lower lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE PALETTE

THE EYES



As you can see in the below pictures, something's gone wrong with my foundation and/or powder between my eyebrows.........weird. Don't you just love how the camera picks up all of your makeup f***ups??



THE LIPS

This palette reminded me of a necklace that I have that features wildflowers so I decided to wear it! Now that I am looking at this necklace, it is giving me some interesting ideas for eyeshadow colour combinations!


THE LOOK


5 comments:

  1. Love your mad eyeshadow skills, that necklace and this palette. It's much better than my own LA Colors Palette: It was five grays that all looked different but four of them swatched exactly the same. I swore off them then, but I think I may have to give them another shot!

    -Vijaya
    Fierce Nerditude

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome look! That eyeshadow palette was quite the find, and the colors look wonderful on you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The pallet is verry pigmented, love the eye-make-up hon!

    From which brand is your necklace?

    ReplyDelete
  4. thanks hun, glad you like it :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whoa very pigmented swatches! Love how you matched your eyes with the cute necklace!

    ReplyDelete