A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, March 10, 2011

A Minty Fresh Look

It has been extremely cold outside where I live lately. Why does Canada have to be so cold? Anyway, I have been trying to do some spring-y makeup to distract myself from the cold, and I feel like mint green is a great fresh makeup colour for spring! Here's a minty fresh look using products from MAC, Morgana Cryptoria, Evil Shades, Urban Decay, and Hard Candy!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

CHEEKS: MAC Coygirl blush.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

LIPS: Morgana Cryptoria Icy Mint lipstick, Evil Shades Hardcore Lips Just Like Candy, and a combination of the two! I couldn't decide which lip look to wear so I tried all three.

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot. I used two Hard Candy Kal-Eye-Descope (dear lord, what a name) Baked Eyeshadow Duos: Pick Up Line (an irridescent white and a mint green shade) and Rock n Roll (the purple and grey one, see below). The irridescent white shade was used under the browbone and the mint green shade was used on the inner upper lid. This green was blended into Morgana Cryptoria Harken eyeshadow. This colour is just awesome! The pictures don't do it justice; it is a fabulous mint green with some pink sparkles in it! Harken was blended into the purple Hard Candy shade which was blended into the grey colour in the outer V. Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion was used on the waterline and Asphyxia was used on the lower lashline. Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner was used on the upper lashline. Maybelline The Colossal Mascara was used on upper and lower lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT
A note: I broke the Hard Candy duo in Pick Up Line when opening it for the first time.....FAIL! The white irridescent shadow was shoved into a little jar for future use as you can see below.

THE EYES










THE LIPS
Morgana Cryptoria Icy Mint Lipstick


THE LOOK WITH ICY MINT LIPSTICK


THE LIPS
Morgana Cryptoria Icy Mint Lipstick with Evil Shades Just Like Candy overtop


THE LOOK WITH LIPSTICK AND GLOSS


THE LIPS
Evil Shades Hardcore Lips Just Like Candy



THE LOOK WITH JUST LIKE CANDY


THE INSPIRATION
My loudly printed mint green shirt has such fun colours, it is giving me some ideas for cool colour combinations for spring makeup looks!

4 comments:

  1. OMG, I loooove that lipstick. It really pulls the whole look together SO well! I love the print of the shirt as well. <3

    -Vijaya
    Fierce Nerditude

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loooovvveeeee this! And I absolutely love that lipstick, isn't it awesome how it feels as minty as it looks?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looooovely! What a fantastic colour combo, both versions! I love that mint green, I need to try a bunch of new Morgana lippies. And it looks pretty with the subtle lilac lip too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE those both lip looks! You pull off that green so well!

    ReplyDelete