A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, March 24, 2011

SAFETY ALERT!

As most of you probably already know, there have been a few issues with some of Morgana Cryptoria's lipstick colours. Please click here to read the information directly from the company's website. In summary, a few of the lipsticks contained carmine which is a problem for vegan people. I have a few of these, but it is not a problem for me as I do not practice a vegan lifestyle. There are also a few shades, a couple of which I own, that contain ingredients that are not lip safe in the USA but are lip safe in the UK. I did some research and e-mailed Health Canada and it turns out that the ingredients in question ARE considered lip safe in Canada. Canada's cosmetic regulations are different than those of the FDA. There is an ingredient "hotlist" that lists ingredients that either cannot be used or that have restricted uses in cosmetic products. Click here to check out the list. Anyway, I'd just like to say that I think the way the owner of Morgana Cryptoria has acted regarding this issue is very commendable. It is nice to see people being honest and offering people refunds or credits if there is something wrong with a product. To me, this shows that the owner cares about her customers and wants to make things right.


I will also soon be posting a Safety Alert regarding my Stargazer Florescent Pressed Powders post. They are NOT eye safe in the USA but they ARE in the UK. What about Canada? I will research the ingredients on the Health Canada "hotlist" and get back to you. Until then, STAY SAFE!

P.S. Does anyone else think it is a bit silly that cosmetic safety information is available to Canadians on something called a HOTLIST? It doesn't sound very......official. Sigh....only in Canada.

5 comments:

  1. Shame about the Morgana ingredients, it couldn't have happened to a less deserving company - it's really commendable how Melissa is dealing with it :) I wish there was no such thing as bloody import tax, I want aaaaaall the new Morgana lippies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. xD That last bit about the hotlist made me giggle. It does sound like something Maxim would publish, doesn't it?

    --Vijaya
    Fierce Nerditude

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to post this here but you don't have an email posted in your profile.:) Glasses are from Marshalls. They don't have a brand written on them, sorry!!! >_<

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey I just nominated you for the Versatile Blogger award! Please check my blog for all the sweet tagging rules. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I <3 your UV dread falls so cute on you! You look like you are on your way to have lots of fun! :D

    ReplyDelete