A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, March 17, 2011

A Springtime Look with the Evil Shades Pinup Girls Collection

I have been so bored with makeup lately as I have been doing a 40 hour per week internship and working on some evenings and weekends. In my line of work, this means no screwing around with interesting makeup! LAME! Anyway, I got up a bit early before going to work last Sunday and wanted to do something at least SORT OF interesting (my job lets me have a bit more freedom in my looks than my internship does) so I stared at some eyeshadows until a combination jumped out at me. It occurred to me that Evil Shades Bombshell, Wink, and Vavavoom from the Pinup Girls collection might go together nicely. Here's what I came up with.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Stuido Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in China Doll.

LIPS: Buxom Big and Healthy Lip Polish in Julie.

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. Bombshell was used on the inner lid and blended into Wink in the middle of the lid which was blended into Vavavoom in the outer V. Vavavoom was also used as the eyeliner on the lower lashline which was achieved by mixing it with a clear eyeliner base. Interestingly, when applied dry, Vavavoom is rather teal but when I applied it as an eyeliner with the clear base it showed up as a green with some gold sparkles in it. NEAT! Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion was used on the waterline and Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner in Black was used on the upper lashline. Maybelline One By One Mascara was used on the upper lashes and Medusa's Makeup Mascara in Envy was used on the lower lashes.

THE EQUIPMENT

THE LIPS

THE EYES






THE LOOK



Pardon me if I look a little "special" in these pictures. I don't take great pictures in the first place, and these are shots of me PRE-COFFEE......scary!

1 comment:

  1. Pretty look! The teal green really suits you, it makes your eyes pop!

    ReplyDelete