A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, April 22, 2011

Dance Like No One Is Watching You

Recently, I went to see Tiesto live in concert! It was kind of my last weekend to be going out and having fun rather than studying the whole time as my final comprehensive exam and various licensing exams draw nearer. I decided to have a few drinks, dance, and just forget about the dark clouds of exam death looming over my head! I had a fabulous time! There were a couple of other DJ's on before Tiesto and they sounded great! Tiesto played a fabulous set; I am not hugely fond of his new radio-friendly mainstream type stuff (I prefer the more DJ house/techno/dance music type of stuff from his older albums) but he played an awesome mix of new stuff and awesome dance beats! Also, he played from seriously about 10:30 or so until after 1 in the morning! It was really great to watch because they had a fantastic light show and Tiesto was super into it and just had everyone dancing because he looked like he really enjoys what he does! I danced for hours straight and I loved it, I think dancing is such a great stress reliever. However, my feet were not so happy with me after the show.....ouch! Here's the look I came up with for the show.


FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.


BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.


CHEEKS: I used Hard Candy Moon Glow Powder in as a highlighter on certain areas of my face and I used MAC Miss Behave Blush.


LIPS: MAC lipstick in Lollipop Loving which is a peach colour with a green duochrome! How fabulous is that?


EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. The green colour from the MAC mineralize eyeshadow duo She Who Dares was used on the inner lid. The blue colour from the same duo was used in the middle of the lid and MAC mineralize eyeshadow in Cinderfella was used in the crease. In the outer V, the black colour from MAC's mineralize eyeshadow trio Danger Zone was used. I also had to use Don't Date The DJ by Persephone Minerals on my browbone because it has an awesome green duochrome like Lollipop Loving and I felt that the name was appropriate for going to see DJ Tiesto! On the inner corner and the lower inner lashline, Urban Decay's 24/7 Liner pencil in Grafitti was used. Binge was used on the outer part of the lower lashline and Perversion was used on the waterline. Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner was used on the upper lashline. Maybelline One By One Mascara was used on the upper and lower lashes.


FAKE EYELASHES: Ardell Accents lashes in 305 black were glued poorly to the outer lashes. I use Duo Lash adhesive (the dark tone one...it dries black which is helpful when you use ten pounds of black eyeliner every day).


THE EQUIPMENT




THE EYES








THE LIPS



THE LOOK







THE OUTFIT


Do you like my tights? They have symbols all over them...I call them my swear tights because they remind me when people write @#$% in place of swears.


THE SHOES


My hot mess friend, whom you have probably seen popping up on my blog from time to time, found these very ugly boots and sent me a picture saying something to the effect of "these are ugly, you'll probably like them." She was correct. She got them for me for my birthday one year. They are quite comfortable......until you dance in them for 4 hours!




Here are some crappy cellphone pictures from the show. Don't they make you feel like dancing?




There is one song that I just love from the new Tiesto album Kaleidoscope; it's called "I Will Be Here". If you know of the song, TRY AND TELL ME that it would not be the best song to dance to ever! HE DID NOT PLAY IT! I am sad.



Have a great weekend everyone!

5 comments:

  1. That's a great necklace!

    And those shoes? AWESOMESAUCE. =]

    ReplyDelete
  2. "these are ugly, you'll probably like them" My boyfriend says that to me all the time!

    Love this look... how awesome is Lollipop Loving? Looks maybe a bit like ES Primrose Path? Anyway anyway, you look hot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those eyeshadows look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great look and awesome styling!!

    ReplyDelete