A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, April 8, 2011

MAC Quite Cute Swatches

ARGH! Today seemed like a very long day for some reason. Do you ever think it is Friday and then realize that it is actually Thursday? Today was one of those days. I had to go to two different places for my internship today and then I went to the gym and then had supper and then did studying and then FINALLY I had time to take pictures of my Quite Cute stuff and post them! I snuck away to the MAC counter while driving between the two locations I was supposed to be at for my internship today and picked up a couple of things. I will not review the lipstick or the blushes that I got because in a nutshell, I like MAC lipstick and I like MAC mineralize blushes. I don't really have anything more intelligent to say about them at the moment! Well, actually I WILL mention one thing that I feel is important.......the little hearts in the blush are NOT an overspray so they could be used on their own as another blush colour or even an eyeshadow! I will definitely be screwing around with these a lot in the near future!

THE HAUL

Miss Behave Blush, Candy Yum Yum Lipstick, Sakura Blush




THE SWATCHES

Lipsticks from left to right: Saint Germain (I already had this from Heatherette.....OLD SKOOL!), Candy Yum Yum

Blushes from left to right: Miss Behave - mint green heart, peach main colour, both mixed; Sakura- fuschia heart, lavender main colour, both mixed.




THE LIP SWATCHES


Saint Germain



Candy Yum Yum


I must say, this is a fantastically bright matte pink! The matte-ness looks SO cool, and the colour just GLOWS with brightness! It is really unique! I also must say that I hate the name of it. It's a little too cutesy for me......more like Candy Barf Barf.



I wish that I had a money tree in the backyard (actually I wish I had a BACKYARD, for that matter), because if I did, I would have also purchased Play Time and especially Playing Koi lipstick. I picked Candy Yum Yum because it is rather unique! I am currently waiting on packages from Evil Shades, Persephone Minerals, Glamour Doll Eyes, and stuff from 3 blog sales so I thought I should tone it down on the makeup purchases! Stay tuned for some fun reviews when my packages get here!

8 comments:

  1. AHH! I just did a post about these too =) I ended up spending so much more than I wanted!

    ReplyDelete
  2. o_O DO WANT CANDY BARF BARF.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha. Yeah, the name Candy YUM YUM really turned me off. I have enough lipsticks, so even though it's a bright matte pink that I would possibly go for, I'm going to say NO. (mostly because right now, Inglot > MAC...so I'm saving my money. Hahaha.)

    Candy Barf Barf looks good on you though! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. LMAO, Candy Barf-Barf! I was thinking about the name wondering if it could possibly be offensive in some way to someone, because goodness did I hate it. xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dude that l/s was made for you! LOL! @ Candy barf barf. I agree, what's with the name?

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I wasn't tempted by a single Quite Cute thing...usually something in a MAC collection tempts me. I don't know why!

    RE: your comment on my blog. OMG! I can't believe you got glue in your eye! That must've been so painful. What did you do, dig it out?

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW, the Mac Candy yum yum is so pretty. Must be a new limited-edition color

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought the blushes in this collection were so pretty! Unfortunately, I'm trying to tighten up my beauty budget a bit... I have so many "new" things that I haven't even had a chance to use! (As I type this, the little nagging part of my brain is saying "you know you should get Sakura... It's LE and violet blush is sooo hard to find..." We'll see who wins!) Anyway, gorgeous stuff, and I love Candy Yum Yum on you (although I agree about the name!).

    ReplyDelete