A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, April 17, 2011

A Semi-Review of Venomous Cosmetics Lip Poison in Corrupt

A few days ago, I received a package in the mail from Beauty's Bad Habit as I had bought a few things from her blog sale. She threw in this Venomous Cosmetics Lip Poison in Corrupt, which I thought was very nice of her to do! I was rather excited to try it out, as I have not had the chance to try anything from Venomous Cosmetics yet (I am not ordering anything at this time as I am moving in the next couple of months). I am just going to give you some quick thoughts on it rather than a full review as I have not ordered from the company myself and thus are not familiar with their ordering process, prices, shipping costs, customer service, etc.

THE GOOD: Corrupt is a really neat colour! It is gold with a bit of a green shift to it. It is unscented and unflavoured and the texture is smooth. It can be applied sheerly or opaquely which is nice. I also enjoy the fact that the labels are water resistant; I tend to wreck any labels that aren't as I apply my makeup in the bathroom.

THE BAD: The gloss comes with a doe foot applicator. This is not bad in and of itself as I actually HATE glosses with those little plastic brushes in them but the applicator in this one was VERY scratchy! This is quite irritating.

THE VERDICT: I enjoyed this gloss enough to look into Venomous Cosmetics' other offerings. I would like to try more colours and at some point, I will. I really did NOT like the scratchy doe foot applicator but I don't know if it was just in this one gloss that I happened to get a bad one or if they all have this problem.

THE PACKAGING


THE SWATCHES


THE LIP SWATCH

I applied this somewhat sheerly, it can certainly be applied more heavily to make it more opaque.

4 comments:

  1. Ooooh, great semi-review. Love the lip swatch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a neat color! It looks really nice on you. And I totally agree about water resistant labels, I'm glad I'm not the only one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thats really golden! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you just got a bad applicator, mine isn't scratchy. I love these glosses and that shade looks really neat! Thanks for the swatch and review!

    ReplyDelete