A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, April 17, 2011

Subtle Spring Duochromes with Persephone Minerals and Venomous Cosmetics

Usually on Sunday, I don't have to work or go anywhere that requires me to "behave" myself in the makeup department so I can screw around a bit. I was dying to try out some of my Persephone Minerals eyeshadows but I had a doctor's appointment (nothing serious, I'm healthy as a horse) so I didn't want to look like a complete makeup wacko as I often do. I tried to do something a bit more subtle while still using several colours. Here's what I came up with.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Burlesque.

LIPS: Venomous Cosmetics Lip Poison in Corrupt.

EYES: Eyes were prepped with UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. All eyeshadows used were from Persephone Minerals. Falling Angel was used on the inner corner and Don't Date the DJ was used on the lid. Apricot Lush was used on the inner crease and Bi-Curious was used on the mid crease area. Rained was very lightly applied in the outer V (note that it could be applied much more heavily and it would show up as a much darker brown than you see here). Urban Decay 24/7 Liner in Perversion was used on the waterline and Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner in Black was used on the upper lashline. Maybelline One By One Mascara was used on the upper lashes and Medusa's Makeup Mascara in Blue Blood was used on the lower lashes.


THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES


For f**k's sake, is it ever hard to get a good picture that really captures the shifts and sparkles of these eyeshadows. As you can see in the single eye pictures, the eyeshadows look really flat. I experimented with different, uh, techniques I guess to get some better pictures. Some of the pictures with both eyes in them were taken in natural lighting, which helped a bit. For others, I turned off all the lights and used the flash and this also worked okay.



THE LIPS


THE LOOK

10 comments:

  1. The colors are beautiful together!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the lavendery/light purple on the inner corner. It's so beautiful! The whole collection of colors you used looks so freaking awesome together.

    ReplyDelete
  3. SO pretty! It's like a pastel rainbow on your face! xD

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wouldn't have thought to put all those together but they look wonderful! Really excellent job!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 0_o Tis like a candy rainbow! Really pretty and fun, I likey!

    ...keep randomly going 'Barf barf' because of you. Just so you know.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful look! Those eyeshadows are really stunning! I hate how hard it can be to photograph things true-to-life, but even so, these look gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous look. I think I've mentioned it before, but I love the way you do your eyeliner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the mix of colors. I never would have thought to have combined them. And WooHoo for screw off Sundays! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, by the way: I just tagged your blog for an award. :) http://www.beautyraid.com/2011/04/whoa-blog-awards-fun.html

    ReplyDelete