A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, April 4, 2011

The Versatile Blogger Award!

Well look what I have here. Two lovely ladies in the last little while have given me the Versatile Blogger Award! Please check out their blogs if you haven't already! Red Lips, Black Hair -Check out Sonia's great taste in makeup and red lipstick! She does some really nice classic looks along with some unique ones as well! Ethereal Beauty - You MUST check this blog out! You will absolutely DIE for Sophie's blending skills and her eye looks are so creative and detailed! I have really enjoyed working on my makeup blog and I love to see what other people have to say about products and to see how other people use makeup! It's so cool to see how everyone has a different style! It's also nice to share your makeup obsession with others who feel the same way and don't think you're nuts for having enough makeup to choke a horse! There are so many great blogs out there and I always enjoy finding new ones to look at! I am also glad to see that many of the bloggers out there are super nice; recently I have had several people put links to my blog on theirs and I have since had a lot of new people looking at my blog. Without further ado, here are the blogs to which I want to give the Versatile Blogger Award! Please check them out!

Helena is Red - OMG you must see this blog! Helena does some really awesome artistic, gothy, and punky types of looks and I am jealous of her creative skills! Her hair is always fantastic as well!


Stay Beautiful - Go check out a wide range of looks created by Robyn; there are classic looks, bright looks, creative looks, zombie looks, everything! She also has some wicked nail art skills! Also, read her comments on other blogs if you happen to come across them....they make me laugh every time, what a great sense of humour!


Fierce Nerditude - Vijii has awesome taste in makeup as well as SWEET reviews on her blog including some fantastic Inglot swatches, Shiro Intertubes swatches, and some great looks as well!


Trials and Tribulations of the Tinted Tankadin - Miss Kitty Kaboom......I just love her unique eyeshadow looks and I love looking at her makeup because she has the cutest face! She also has some cute kitties, go check her out!


Annamax - I love this blog! Annamax does some fabulous looks with independent makeup (I especially LOVED what she did with the Sailor Mars collection from Persephone Minerals) and she has superb taste in lipcolours!


Eyeconic Makeup - Go take a look at Heather's blog for some awesome looks done with independent makeup! I love looking at her makeup pictures because she has a fantastic smile!


Colour Me Obsessed - Looking for swatches of independent makeup products? Well look no further, you will find swatches of, like, ALL of them here! The swatches are really well done with super clear photography! Reggie also does some really cool bright eyeshadow looks!


Faeries Stole My Lipstick - Pixie_a_la_mode does a wide range of excellent FOTD's! My personal favourite is the one where she has Cyberlox up her nose :)


Hues N Blues - Sepia_Raven has some excellent swatches and does awesome eyshadow looks with beautiful colour combinations!


Bower of Blisse - Check out Sari's blog to see some in-depth product reviews and pretty makeup! I love a good thorough review!

To the above ladies: If you would like, please pass this award along to some other neat blogs that you've been loving! My cat Captain James T. Kirk would like to toast the fine bloggers that I have listed above! May they continue to share their awesome looks, reviews, and swatches for many years to come! Oh yeah, I suppose I'm supposed to put 7 things about myself or something. Well, here are 7 random facts:

1) I drink way too much coffee for my own good.

2) I have a B.Sc. Hon. in Microbiology and Biochemistry and I have worked in various labs. I am currently almost finished my second run through a University program in a completely different field and if I haven't completely lost my mind yet, I soon will.

3) I have a rather extensive tattoo which consists mainly of a large butterfly. I also have 38 piercings (I used to have 43 but some got ripped out and others were rejecting so they needed to be removed).

4) I swear a lot. This is beginning to be problematic for me in certain situations. I really f**king need to quit with that kind of s**t.

5) I love to listen to music and go to concerts. I love metal, punk, tacky 80's tunes, and dance music; however, my real true love is GOTH INDUSTRIAL DANCE MUSIC! I am a closeted goth and in my own mind, I fancy myself to be an industrial music conoisseur.

6) You will almost never see me wearing pants or flat shoes. I'm a dress/skirt and heels kind of girl.

7) FOR THE GRAND FINALE, a fact that will SHOCK and SURPRISE YOU.......I really, really, REAAAAAAAAAALLYYYYY love makeup and have about 5 overflowing traincases full of it!!!!!

Until next time, live long and prosper!

Love, Vulcan_Butterfly

P.S. No alcohol was consumed by any cats in the making of this post. ;)

11 comments:

  1. Grats! ;)

    I hardley ever wear pants either, except 1 pair of jeans I love. I love skirts waaay more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you!!! :D You're so nice for giving me this award, I'm really happy of this!
    xx
    Helena

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gratz to you! You are awesomesauce and deserve way more awards! :D And thank you so much for the kindness, I would tag you again, but you've already been poked enough with this award it seems lol. Hope you had a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thankyou so much hon - lots of blogs for me to check out now! I'll have to get off my butt and be nice and give some people awards too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello to all those bloggers and congrats on the award

    ReplyDelete
  6. ahh I love that your cat is named after Captain Kirk! x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks so much for the award, dear!

    The last part of your third random thing you said made me go xP I can't even begin to imagine a piercing getting ripped out. OWIIIEEE!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aw thanks so much! I really need to get on it and pass some of these around. I always forget!
    BTW I am a closeted goth too, believe it or not. My iPod is full of industrial metal stuff. :P

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you!! I love your kitty :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haha your 7 facts were great. #4 cracked me up. I love industrial music too! <33

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thank you so much for passing this on! I love knowing someone appreciates what I am doing, even though I like doing it for myself :) And I love the 7 random facts, it's always fun to learn some things about the personalities behind the makeup.

    P.S., Capt. Kirk is totally and completely adorable!

    ReplyDelete