A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, May 19, 2011

A Classic Look Featuring Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Burn

Well, it's that time of the year again......the time when people are convocating and graduating and all fo that kind of stuff. What this usually means is family get-togethers and events where people are expected to look "presentable." When one must look presentable, a classic makeup look is usually a safe bet rather than trying out something bright or unique. I thought I'd share a couple of boring-yet-nice looks that I plan on using for upcoming special occasions. The first one is a black and white eyeshadow look with a classic red lip.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: "Old Faithful" - Smashbox Doubletake Colour Kit Fusion Cheek Colour.

LIPS: Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Burn.....a nice-yet-boring red colour.

EYES: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows - Lise Watier Savannah Dream eyeshadow duo, Sugarpill Tako, and Nars Night Breed.
Upper Lashline - Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Lower Lashline - UD 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Oil Slick.
Waterline - UD 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Perversion.
Mascara- Maybelline One By One.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE EYES






THE LIPS


THE LOOK


5 comments:

  1. It's unfortunate that you had to suppress your creativeness for family gatherings. I would shit my pants with excitement if a family member of mine walked in wearing some really cool makeup like you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty. I love the way you do your eyeliner, it always looks so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how you say "boring yet safe" and I still find the look pretty fun. I think it's your eyeliner. You always go all out on the eyeliner, and I think that's not boring at all. ;)

    ReplyDelete