1. OPI Alpine Snow: It's not dark, obviously, but it's a great colour for adding accents to your dark nails!
2. Sally Hansen Chrome Nail Polish in Canary Diamond Chrome: It goes on metallic! Also a great accent colour.
3. Revlon Top Speed Fast Dry Nail Enamel in Black Star: This one's black with sublte silver sparkles. I bought it because my OPI Black Onyx (plain black) ran out and I didn't feel like spending $11 for a nail polish so I kind of just grabbed this one. However, this nail polish sucks. It chips really easily, even with a topcoat. I will soon be going out to spend $11......
4. MAC Baby Goth Girl: This is a super neat black colour with a kind of purpley-gold shine and large glitter flakes! If you're getting sick of black, this colour is a nice change!
5. Gosh Nail Lacquer in Gasoline: This looks awesome when worn as a topcoat over black!
6. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colour in Wined Up: This polish goes on a lot darker than it looks in the picture; it's a lovely blackened, metallic red. The Insta-Dri nail polishes have quite a decent formula for an inexpensive nail polish, I quite enjoy them.
7. Sally Hansen Insta-Dri Nail Colour in Night Flight: This one is a really dark blue that looks almost black. Another nice alternative if you're getting a bit sick of black. Also, it dries way quicker than OPI so when I'm in a hurry, I often use this one instead of my OPI Black Onyx.
8. OPI Russian Navy: This is a really great colour, it's a dark navy blue with some purple shine to it.
9. OPI Ink: I use this one as a topcoat for wearing over black nails; it has purple and blue sparkles in it.
10. OPI Lincoln Park After Dark: This one's a dark, red-toned purple. This is a nice colour to wear when you want dark nails but black may not be appropriate. A dark purple can seem a bit more sophisticated.
11. OPI Bogota Blackberry: This is another blackened, metallic red but it's a bit lighter than Sally Hansen Wined Up.
12. La Femme Beauty Nail Varnish in Ultra Violet: My UV reactive topcoat. You can put it over any colour and it will glow under black light. The only bad thing about it is that it's not 100% clear like a regular topcoat, it has a bit of a purple tinge to it so it can throw off your nail polish colour a bit.
So anyway, I am hugely makeup obsessed but not particularly nail obsessed so I don't know too much about nail polish brands. Does anyone have any recommendations for nail polish brands that wear as well as OPI but don't cost as much? Any awesome colour recommendations?