A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Neutral Eyes and Bright Lips with Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Embrace

Here is one more look that I will often do in one variation or another for special occasions when unique/bright makeup may be inappropriate. I will do a very neutral eye with thin, winged eyeliner and a subtle pair of falsies paired with a bright, but not IN YOUR FACE BRIGHT, lipstick. I think it is classy and subtle and a good look to wear on someone else's special day such that you look presentable and don't draw attention to yourself by wearing way too much makeup! I feel it is polite to tone it down in the clothing and makeup department for other people's special occasions rather than dressing like an @$$ as I so often do!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown. I tried to be a bit more careful with my eyebrows since my eye makeup is so subtle; I am usually a lot more careless with my brows, I'm terrible at brows!

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Daydream.

LIPS: Cover Girl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Embrace.

EYES: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid - Stila eyeshadow in Kitten. This colour is so neutral it HURTS. It would look good on almost anyone, I think!
The other eyeshadows I used are all from the Lise Watier Quatuor Eyeshadow Quartet in Les Basiques, or the "job interview" palette, as I like to call it. You can see it in the picture below.
Inner Corner - Pink shadow from quartet.
Browbone - "Skin colour" shadow from quartet.
Crease - Taupe colour from quartet.
Outer V - Grey colour from quartet.
Upper Lashline - Geisha Ink eyeliner pen.
Lower Lashline - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Midnight Cowboy.
Mascara - Maybelline Define A Lash Volume Mascara in Blackish Brown. I NEVER WEAR ANYTHING BUT THE BLACKEST MASCARAS! This is a little weird for me, sorry.
False Eyelashes - I am not really sure what brand they are anymore, but I'm thinking Ardell, and they are called "Sophisticated." I attach them with Duo Lash Adhesive in Dark Tone.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES







THE LOOK


I actually feel really naked when I wear this look, I'm so used to wearing my eye makeup a lot darker! This is also one of my go-to job interview makeup looks. However, for a job interview, I would not wear the falsies, keep the eyeliner less winged out, and wear a neutral lip colour. Ah, behaving myself, good times.......NOT!

7 comments:

  1. Such a subtle look, but I love the shimmer of it though. Gives it a little bit of flair (since I need at least 37) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, seriously classy! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kitten is such a pretty colour :) Subtle, but I still really like this look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wheee, I love the cute falsies! 'Job interview palette' made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how you do your eyeliner wings, and the lipstick looks fab on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is really pretty and I agree on the clean cut thing, it's good to keep under your belt "in case of emergency" lol!

    ReplyDelete