A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Pink and Black Goth Look: DIY

Does anyone happen to know WTF is wrong with Blogger now? There's always something. I've been trying to comment on various blogs this afternoon and whenever I pressed the comment button, it signed me out of Blogger. ARGHHHHHHHH! Moving on.......

Here is the outfit that I wore to "Phase 1" of Festival Kinetik 2009, which was the opening night. I had the pleasure of seeing the following industrial bands live: Corrupted suburbs, Ayria, Memmaker, Terrorfakt, Project Pitchfork, Interlace, and Marching Dynamics. My personal favourites were Ayria, who is Canadian and put on an excellent live show. I have also seen her in concert where I live, which was sweet because there isn't much of a scene for that kind of music here. The best part of the night for me was Memmaker. They are Canadian as well. I had never heard of them before that night, but they all came out in lab coats and blew me away with some of the most danceably delicious music ever! It was awesome! For this festival night, I went with a pink and black theme, inspired by Ayria. My makeup was super simple, I'm not sure what the hell I was on that day, usually I go pretty all out, espeically when pink and black is involved. 

THE SPARSE MINIMALIST EQUIPMENT


1. UV reactive pink glitter was dusted over the shoulders and decolletage.

2. Lots of my old faithful eyeliner was applied.

3. MAC Dazzleglass in Pleasure Principle was used over top of MAC Paint in Cotton Candy on the lips.

4. Ardell "Sophisticated" false eyelashes were used on the lower lashline.

5. Make Up Forever False Eyelashes in 121 Gina were used on the upper lashline. These have the HUGEST band and I ALWAYS f*** them up.

6. MAC Pink Opal Pigment was used on the inner lid and over top of my blush as a bit of a highlighter or something.

7. MAC Fuschia Pigment was the main lid colour. There was also some kind of black eyeshadow here, what it was, I cannot remember.

8. Annabelle Blossom Blush in Sakura was used on the cheeks. WORST. BLUSH. EVER!

9. MAC Paint in Cotton Candy was used on the lips and as a base under the pink and white eyeshadows. Whatever happened to MAC Paint? I loved that stuff, you could use it on eyes, lips, and cheeks.

THE LOOK

This is the only picture that you can even remotely see my makeup in. I didn't do a very good job! Anyway, that's my fiance in the picture with me. I have my "special occasion spike" on in my labret piercing, fun! I am also wearing purple contacts (prescripton ones from the eye doctor). They don't work well with brown eyes. I've always wanted to experiment more with weird contacts but I'm always wary of prescription novelty contacts.


 There is some serious DIY going on with my outfit...... (there is also underwear on the floor in the first picture, classy!)

Corset and pink pencil skirt: Made specially for me by my best friend, Tash. You may have seen her on some of my "hot mess" posts. She is a genius when it comes to sewing PVC! It is hard to sew, but she is fabulous at it. She also gave me the black PVC skirt, she had the seamstress who made our grad dresses a thousand years ago make it for me.

Garter belt: Also made by Tash. It looks kind of like a cage, it can be worn over or under skirts to hold your stockings up or just for decoration. I'm wearing it under the black shirt but over the pink one, you can see the little D-rings coming out..........speaking of my dear friend, she bought a bunch of stuff from the MAC Wonder Woman collection a while ago. Since I did not indulge in this collection, I asked her to make me a guest blog post and she did! Keep an eye out for that one next week!

PVC sleeves: Made by me. That's why they suck. I can't sew to save my life, and I ESPECIALLY can't sew PVC to save my life.

Collar: I have no idea where I got this, I have a trillion collars.

Dreadfalls: These were made by me. They have solid black dreads as a "base" with pink and blonde solid dreads over top with a few blonde/black and pink/black twists. They are a little bit "crispy" as the technique I used to make these was not quite right.

Boots: Demonia.

Since looking at these pictures, I have been conjuring up ideas for the next time I do a pink goth look. I think I can do better than that! thought I would share some of the products that I have used in the past to make pink goth looks and some that I can't wait to try out in the future!

PINK STUFF!


1. MAC Glimmerglass in Blackfire: This gloss looks fantastic over pink lipsticks and darkens them up a bit!

2. Manic Panic eyeshadow in Mod-A-Go-Go, whatever that means: It's neon, it's sparkly, it's UV reactive, and it STAINS MY EYES ARGH! It does look good on, though. It can be applied dry or wet, which I find is helpful.

3. Evil Shades eyeshadow in Lucia: This is a great colour, I can't wait to try blending this one with some black, sparkly eyeshadows!

4. Evil Shades Blush in Backtalk: This blush is too dark for me for day wear, but I think it will be very useful to me in the near future for goth clubbing!

5. Make up Store Glitter in Pink Light: I enjoy using this glitter for dusting oneself, and for mixing with eyeliner seal to get a fabulous, sparkly, UV reactive pink eyeliner. ***SAFETY ALERT: in huge letters on the bottom of the pot, it says NOT FOR USE AROUND EYES.***

6. Glamour Doll Eyes Glamour Gloss in Fashionista: It's UV reactive. That's why I got it. I have a review of some GDE stuff coming soon.

7. Sugarpill Chromalust in Magnetric: This is an awesome colour. Enough Said.

8. Evil Shades Hardcore Lips in Not Your Barbie: Love this colour! It's super bright and looks awesome on it's own, but I would like to experiment with wearing it over/mixing it with black lipstick somehow.....

9. Sugarpill Pressed Eyeshadow in Dollipop: Who doesn't love this colour? I'll for sure crack this out next time I'm going pinky goth!

10. Hot Topic neon pink nail polish: It's the worst nail polish you'll ever try, but it was $1 and it's UV reactive.

11. Candy Yum Yum: This is not UV reactive, but it almost "glows" in the daytime! This would be a fantastic lipstick for a neon pink cyber goth type of look!

12.OPI That's Berry Daring - Um, this isn't really gothy, nor do I use it for goth pursuits, nor will I use it. I think I just got a bit weird and started grabbing pink stuff out of my traincase!

13. Persephone Minerals Pinkaholic Anonymous: This shade is really bright and shiny, I've been wanting to try it over top of a darker pink to add some texture. I think it might look neat over a black base as well!

14. Stargazer Florescent Pressed Powder in Rose Pink: Oh Stargazer eyeshadows, you are so chalky but you glow under blacklight so I still use you even though I kinda don't like you.

15. MAC Glitter in Reflects Very Pink - It makes a great eyeliner when mixed with an eyeliner seal. It also looks great over top of black eyeshadow.

16. MAC Pigment in Brash and Bold: It's brash, it's bold, and it looks great with black eyeliner.

17. Lise Watier loose eyeshadow in Folie D'Amour: I use this as a dramatic highlighter or over blush. I wouldn't do this for every day wear, but when you're going for something a bit more "out there", using it as a highlighter can work.

18. Persephone Minerals Pink Sugar Heart Attack: Um, just grabbin' pink stuff again. It's bright, but not as bright as I'd like for a goth look.

If this post sounds a bit cracked out, it's because I slept for 2 hours last night, wrote a huge exam, and ate nothing but coffee and some old croutons that I found for lunch. That's how my day is going up in here!

Also, thanks everyone for the great nail polish recommendations!   :)

8 comments:

  1. Wow, love the outfit and LOVE the tattoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's one sweet ass corset thurrr :) I tried to sew my friend's PVC dress back together and stabbed the ever living crap out of my thumbs. It helped being buzzed so I didn't feel much. Or maybe being buzzed was the reason for the thumb carnage...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! That's some spike in that piercing. Your outfit, once again, is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your dreads are freaking awesome! I was wondering if you knew of any good places to buy some cyber locks? The spike coming out of your labert piercing is seriously making me want one. >.<

    ReplyDelete
  5. Special occasion spike, ha ha, brilliant. I love your PVC! I used to have a few bits and pieces but they never bloody fit properly, I wish I knew a PVC-serwing friend. I gave all my stuff away (including my one good bit which I now regret - cute little black dress with purple trim and fabric bows. Sigh.) Loving the contact and all your PINK STUFF.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, you just rock the style ! We need a picture of your tattoo, it looks amazing !

    ReplyDelete