A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, May 2, 2011

Pinkeye....shadow

****DON'T WORRY, THERE ARE NO PICTURES OF AN INFECTED EYE IN THIS POST!****

I am an exclusive contact lens wearer. I do not wear, nor do I own, any glasses. Thusly, I am absolutely terrified of the dreaded PINKEYE, aka conjunctivitis, which is an inflammation of the conjunctiva, or membranes, which cover the eye. It is often caused by a bacterial infection (it could also be viral or allergic) and causes the sclerae (whites of the eyes) to turn red or pink. It is HIGHLY contagious if it is caused by a bacterial infection; if it is bacterial one will likely see greenish discharge coming from the eye. If one was to get pinkeye, wearing contact lenses during the infection and treatment with antibiotic eydrops/ointment is not recommended as it can prolong the duration of infection and possibly lead to complications. My final comprehensive exam, which I must pass to graduate and get my degree, happens to be on Tuesday. If  I am rendered unable to wear my contacts, I am blind enough that this would prohibit me from studying for the exam, driving to the exam, walking to the exam, and writing the exam. 

On Friday evening, my person-to-whom-I'll-probably-get-married-to-one-of-these-days walks in the door with ONE GLARING FUSCHIA SCLERA!!!!!  I looked at him and was like, "WTF happened to your eye?" "I just got something in it," he says. "Well what did you get in it?" I inquire nervously while slowly backing away and looking around frantically for some disinfectant spray. "I don't know, a cat hair or something. I woke up this morning and there was green and brown crap on my eye so it's probably nothing."

Just so you know, any reasonable person would NOT assume that green and brown crap coming out of their eye is probably nothing. A child would know better. Those of you who cohabit with a man in the "bliss" of holy matrimony or common-law partnering or whatever are all well aware of the fact that men are like large children. They need a female to be their mother and tell them to get their ass to the doctor's office for some antibiotics when green crap is coming out of their eye. After a rather vigorous arguement, he headed off to the clinic. I have not touched him and he's been sleeping on the couch all weekend while I have been freaking out. It is Monday, and thanks to a tube of antibiotic eye ointment and frequent hand washing, my eyes have been spared! I shall study all day and write my exam tomorrow with clear sight! Anyway, enough of my overly dramatic ramblings. Here's a nice look using some pink eye shadow.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

CHEEKS: Benefit Thrrrob.

BROWS: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown.

LIPS: MAC Lipgelee in Shift To Pink.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. Lid: Inner corner -Lise Watier Folie D'Amour. Inner lid - Persephone Minerals Pinkaholic Anonymous. Middle lid - Persephone Minerals Pink Sugar Heart Attack. Lower Crease and Outer V - MAC Pigment in Brash and Bold. Upper Crease - MAC Pigment in Fuschia. Browbone - Persephone Minerals Far Out. Lower Lashine - Lise Watier Folie D'Amour with Stila Smudgepot in Little Black Dress over top. Waterline - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil  in Perversion. Upper Lashline - Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner. Mascara: Maybelline One By One.

THE EQUIPMENT 


THE LIPS


THE EYES








THE LOOK

Do you like the cat hair all over my shirt? JEEZ, I really need to crack out the lint roller before I do pictures.


People have been telling me for years that I should have a pair of glasses laying around for when situations such as this arise. I never listened because I really dislike wearing glasses. I think I'm going to go out and get a pair very soon.....

9 comments:

  1. This look is pretty! You should definitely have a pair of safety glasses just in case. Out of curiosity, what do you do for your eyesight if you have to get up and do something quick in the middle of the night?

    ReplyDelete
  2. 'Just so you know, any reasonable person would NOT assume that green and brown crap coming out of their eye is probably nothing.'

    LULZ. So true. I'm the opposite, though, it's my fiance who tells me to get my arse to the doctors. I cough up grossness most days because of my sinuses, and when it started happening he had to moan at me for two months to go to the doctor, by which time if it were bronchitis or something I'd have been a bit on the dead side.

    Aaaaanyway.... I love this look, especially the little hint of purple. It looks awesome with the hair! (Clip ins, not cat ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the look and the cat hair t shirt (hehe)
    Men are so weird about illness and afflictions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice FOTD and funny/freaky story too! I'd have exiled him to the couch as well. So glad you didn't get infected! Good luck on your exam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. lmao, they ARE kids sometimes. So frustrating hahaha, I'm glad you got to avoid le dreaded pink eye :) I love your liner! I can't get mine to look that awesome ever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hah, "A child would know better." Yup, guys can be like that... But good luck on exams and cute look, that's a great pink! The cat hair is a nice touch ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So so gorgeous. LOVE your hair!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! i LOVE pink eyeshadow and your liner is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love how you do your liner.

    I also love your comments on husbands. Mine walked into the house one day with his head dripping blood and an oozing scar going from one side of his head to the other (around the area of where a headband would sit). I pretty much lost my shit and asked wth happened, he responded "oh, I had an accident with the cat at work" (cat meaning heavy machinery in this instance). I proceeded to ask "why didn't you go to the hospital?" and his response? "OH, I'M FINE."

    ... ONLY MEN. Only men do that. ;) (Sexist comments, go! ;))

    ReplyDelete