A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Pinup Look Using the Sh*ttiest Falsies I've Ever Used: Red Cherry Spiderweb Lashes

Have you ever been really excited about a makeup purchase only to try it out and have it SUCK? I'm sure we all have. My most disappointing purchase in quite some time has been the Spiderweb Lashes from Red Cherry. Before I begin my rant regarding these falsies, and speaking of things that suck, blogger has been driving me nuts lately! On most days of last week, my Dashboard was not loading properly and it kept saying that I was not following any blogs so I couldn't see anyone's posts on my Dashboard. When it DID finally work, I found that it wouldn't let me open certain people's blogs the odd time. Also, it's been taking FOREVER and A DAY to upload my photos lately! I have a boatload of stuff to post but I'm trying to study for my national licensing exam (I passed my grad exam so I have graduated, I'm just not licensed yet) as well as hunt for somewhere to live when I move so it's kind of irritating if it takes an hour to upload a few pictures! If anyone knows how to fix these things, please advise.

Anyway, moving on. When I saw these Red Cherry Spiderweb Lashes on a blog, I thought, "I must have them! They are kind of gothy! Also, they are CHEAP!" Being that they were but $6.50 US and they were SPIDERWEBS FOR YOUR EYES, I bought them right then and there. The second I looked at them when they came in the mail, I thought that the quality looked poor. They also looked fragile. If you look at the pictures below, you can see how all of the little "webs" are glued onto the lashes......with very noticeable chunks of glue. These are not just noticeable in macro shots, they are NOTICEABLE. Chunks of crap stuck to one's lashes is never attractive. They also broke when I VERY delicately removed them from their packaging. You can see all of the missing "webs" in the picture below. Not only did several of these detach upon me removing them from the package, some detached during application and got in my eye and one fell on my face while I was wearing them. I would not recommend purchasing them, but I guess for the price, I shouldn't be too surprised at their poor quality. That being said, I have often purchased inexpensive false lashes that have been great! I suppose I could have done a proper review of these but I'm crabby about them so I just needed to rant a bit. I'm done now. Here's a pinup-inspired look.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Pin Up on the apples of the cheeks with "Old Faithful" as a contour.

LIPS: Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Hellbent (one of my favourite reds!)

EYES: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid - Annabelle Vanilla Chilla.
Browbone - Annabelle Buff Naked.
Crease - Annabelle So Foxy.
Outer V - Annabelle Ebony.
Upper Lashline - Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner in Black.
Lower Lashline - UD 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Corrupt.
Waterline - UD 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Perversion.
Upper and Lower Lashes - Maybelline One By One Mascara.

FAKE EYELASHES: Red Cherry Spiderweb Lashes applied with DUO Lash Adhesive in Dark Tone.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES

Broken ugly lashes!

Chunks of glue!



Click to enlarge if you can't see the damage done simply by removing these from their packaging! It was worse after wearing them.


THE LOOK

Rose and feather hairclip was glue-gunned by me.



Here's an outfit picture with me making a crabby face because my lashes sucked. I think my red-eye goes really well with my new red shirt and the seafoam green paint and teal carpet in my apartment building really makes it all pop!

11 comments:

  1. LOL. I'm so sorry you had such a crappy time with the lashes but for some reason it made me laugh :) just the way you explained it I guess.

    Even though the lashes didn't work out for you I'm in LOVE with the eye makeup you did here. I will definitely be searching my stash to see if I can recreate this :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sucks that these lashes sucked. They sound so promising in concept, too. You still look pretty, though, if a bit disgruntled in that last photo!

    BTW, I saw your comment on Beauty Raid, and so agree about that Dove/armpit thing. If you hate that, I think you'll like this video. It's really funny, IMO!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lame eyelashes are lame... I don't think I've seen many spider lashes that looked all that good. Boooo... anyway, the rest of the look was hot! I love the thick black liner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's too bad the lashes sucked so bad, they seem like a good idea. :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woohoo for creating your headpiece! One of my favorite props for costuming is a hat I put together with clockwork gears and lace. I'll have to post it someday :)

    And for crap products... I got this Revlon nail polish. I *love* the color, but holy crap. I'm pampered by trying OPI first, because damn Revlon. It sucks to put on compared to better brands and I was a little sad/pissed. Especially since I liked the color and hated the application of it :/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Uuuuuugh, shit lashes are shit. That sucks :( In other news, if I was there, girl, you would be in trouble. You look fucking awesome. Your liner rules and I love your outfit.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Glad to hear i'm not the only one having trouble with blogger, i had error messages coming up all over the place the other day!

    Love the look, even with the rubbish lashes. Lip colour looks gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. ALSO. Get Pixie Epoxy. *pokepoke*

    ReplyDelete
  9. Pixie Epoxy isn't available right now :( I guess it was for a short time on 5/6 but then 400 of them sold within 24 hours so they took it back off again.. haha! I wish I'd known, I would have ordered it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. lol, great post...so sorry for all of the frustration but it was entertaining

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, the bits of glue on the lashes look like rhinestones in the pic. Either way you look hot as usual!

    ReplyDelete