A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, May 6, 2011

A Vulcan Butterfly Makeup Tip: Do Not Pre-Drink Prior to Application of Makeup

Pre-drinking: we (those who drink) have all done it.  Everyone who likes to go out for a couple of drinks every now and again knows that drinking at the bar/club/restaurant/concert is EXPENSIVE. So, if you want to have a bit of fun, one often pre-drinks to save money. This can have unfortunate consequences when it comes to makeup. I tend to always do the same thing when I am getting ready for a night out and I just never learn. I have a couple drinks, then have a shower, get dressed, do my hair, and do my makeup. I often reach for my MAC Mineralize eyeshadows from Style Black and Venomous Villains as they are go-to's for me when I'm making myself up to go out at night. I usually apply these wet for full sparkle potential. Unfortunately, MAC Minearalize eyeshadows are a little bit fussy, and they need to be applied with some degree of care to avoid making a hot mess of one's eyeshadow. When one has the effects of a couple of drinks kicking in, this can be rather problematic. Another pre-drinking  +  mineralize eyeshadow look can be seen here. Anyway, you will notice some of the aforementioned "effects" both in the quality of the pictures and in the gratuitous fallout that can be seen beneath my eyes. This was a look I did for going to a punk show quite awhile ago.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Skon.

LIPS: Kat Von D Painted Love Lipstick in Rosary.

EYES: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. Inner Lid - MAC Blue Flame. Blended in towards the bridge of the nose - NARS Night Breed. Middle Lid - MAC Young Punk. Crease - MAC Cinderfella. Outer V -NARS Night Breed. Upper Lashline - Maybelline Line Stiletto. Lower Lashline - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Oil Slick. Waterline - Urban Decay 24/7 Pencil in Perversion.  Inner Corner - Lise Watier Precious Eyeliners liquid eyeliner in ...... silver? It doesn't say....Upper and Lower Lashes - Maybelline The Falsies Black Drama Mascara.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES







THE LOOK


Here's me pretending to be SO PUNK RAWK! FAIL!


Isn't this just a lovely scene? Snow in March....Canada is awesome! No, these bottles are NOT the result of my own imbibing. These were found outside the door of my apartment building (classy!) upon returning home. Good thing we're moving soon! We thought it would be funny to take a picture of myself with them....I kind of look like a man in this picture.

Anyways, if we are to learn anything from this post, it is that we must wait until AFTER the makeup is done to pre-drink!

8 comments:

  1. You look amazing! You look just like Evil Queen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The makeup still looks great even after having a few! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. If that's how good your makeup is after a few beers, you've got nothing to worry about! HAHA, I see a blog challenge - 1 beer, then makeup. Next night, two beers, and then makeup, and so on. See who look like they've been shot in the face with Homer's makeup gun first!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dark eyes with dark lips? Sign me up! This look is hot! You can totally pull of this combo. BAH SNOW. I know what you mean. In Ohio we randomly get snow storms. One day in March it was warm enough to wear shorts out and then the next there was an inch of snow on the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Firstly: Best tip ever. My friend likes to put makeup on drunk. *coughcough* the results are questionable. (BTW, we don't go out drinking: she's just drunk already for no reason) You look hot, though! I love dark, dramatic looks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well I think it looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think the story makes me love the look more. Pre-drinking hahaha There's also the: I'm too cheap to pay for drinks so we'll be drinking at home technique. ;) That's a good 'un too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous look! You look hot! I love your hair too so cute!

    ReplyDelete