A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, June 16, 2011

I'll Kick You Squaaar IN THE NUTS!!

The moving truck is coming tomorrow to pick up all my stuff..........or are they? Someone was supposed to contact me today to tell me when they were coming, but no one did! SUPER! Oh yes, it has been a very super day of packing and wondering when they will pick up my crap. I am surrounded by boxes. Boxes make me think of squares which reminded me of a weird look I had floating around in my blogging folder. I will be away from the computer for a few days due to the f**kery of moving, so I thought I'd leave on a bit of a silly note!

A few months ago, when working out at the gym, I found an Elle magazine to read while flapping around on the treadmill. The look below caught my eye:

THE INSPIRATION

Taken from Elle Magazine. Makeup By Pat McGrath for Dior.

Before I continue, does anyone out there watch South Park? In a lot of the earlier episodes (from, like, over 10 years ago, when did I get so old???) Cartman used to always say, "I kicked him SQUAAAR in the NUTS!" It's funny because he doesn't say "square", he kind of pronounces it like "squaaaaar". ANYWAY, when I saw this look, I was like, "OOOOOOOOOOOOOOH, SQUAAAAR EYESHADOW!!!!!" Yeah, that's about how organized my though process is. That is actually somewhat disconcerting.......moving on...... I knew the second I saw that squaaaar eyeshadow that I would have to try it myself. I also knew the second after I looked at it that the eyeshadow was actually rectangular rather than square. Erroneous geometry aside, here's my poorly executed rendition of this SQUAAAR eyeshadow look!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: UD 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Baked.

CHEEKS: A tiny bit of Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Pinup Girl.

LIPS: MAC Cyber with MAC Glimmerglass in Blackfire over top.

EYES: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid - UD 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Electric.
Under Brow and Lower Lashline - UD 24/7 Glide-On Pencil in Midnight Cowboy.
Upper Lashline - Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Fake Eyelashes - Ardell Accent lashes in 305 Black applied with DUO Lash adhesive in Dark Tone.
Mascara - Maybelline The Falsies.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES






THE LOOK





As you can see in the above photos, this was not well executed. The "squares" are not symmetrical, the eyeliner is IN NO WAY symmetrical (you'd think I'd be good at that by now), and one eyebrow is higher than the other. Now, one of my eyebrows IS higher than the other, but usually I can kind of conceal this. NOT TODAY! Anyway, it was lots of fun to do! Have a great weekend everyone!

22 comments:

  1. wow that actually looks really great on you! :)

    Have a not to stressful move!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Speaking of the way brains organize things, whenever I say "squirrel", I think "sqrrl". Thank you, random tshirt I saw years and years ago.

    Also, I don't know why, non-symmetry aside, the SQUAAAAAR look works really, really well. Better than on the model, even.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pffff Moving ... i have to do it too , in a few months :(
    The squares looks nice !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesn't look too bad actually, plus you've got to bear in mind that the cover has probably been heavily photoshopped, and that the rectangles were probably done using the computer, that's why they're so well erm rectangle-ish :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. what an interesting concept! it actually looks pretty damn good!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was a little skeptical when I saw the inspiration photo, but I really like how it turned out. It looks great on you :)

    Hope the move goes okay!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! I might have to try. Once I did a look where I just had one eye with a big square around it XD Oh god I was cool. I think you've done it really well, I wouldn't have noticed it being slightly asymmetrical if you hadn't mentioned it. My eyebrows are at the same level but naturally grow in completely different shapes :/

    ReplyDelete
  8. You totally pull this look off! You look hot and badass!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love it! You should rock the rectangles more often! The lip product combination is great, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!!! Really really pretty look ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope you have tons of people to help you move. Moving sucks. Sucks so much. ;) And we're both old, because I totally know what you're talking about re: South Park. And also flapping around on treadmills at the gym: although my enjoyment/entertainment is from the lil TVs on mine and Bravo. Bravo always has something ridiculous on so I just go to it and lose myself in the drama/absurdity of it all. :)

    Squares on your eyes. And they're not symmetrical. The OCD in me loves the square idea, and would freak over the not symmetrical of it all. ;) Fun look though: I love how you do your liner and someday I will try to do it as well!

    ReplyDelete
  12. *STEALS*

    Also.... 'WHATEVER I DO WHAT I WANT! I don't go to school, and I kill people!'

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous!

    (I'm surprised, why haven't I started following you earlier!)

    Jonna xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. What a great look! It's so different and beautiful. I love the dark lips.

    ReplyDelete

  15. oh.. so nice post.)
    Love your blog.))

    I now spend a survey of bloggers with such questions.
    1. Why did you create a blog?
    2. For whom you taking him? Want to be popular?
    3. How long will it keep going?

    ReplyDelete
  16. dude.. I like it!! I planned on doing something similar to this for a rave :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. OMG this is an awesome look on you! I have to try it out. Thanks so much.

    Check out my giveaways at http://glimmercity.blogspot.com.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Its Cherries in the Snow by Revlon, its a gorgeous cherry red and really creamy too :) x

    ReplyDelete
  19. Incredible work! Lady Gaga eat your heart out lol... the lip is perfect!!!

    ReplyDelete