A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, June 6, 2011

Makeup Fur Die Rammstein/Combichrist Konzert

About a month ago, I got to do something very exciting! I haven't been able to post this until now as I have had a busy few weeks with arranging moving/licensing exams/convocation, etc. but I've been dying to! I had travelled to the city where I'll be moving very soon to look for a place to live but there was something else going on that weekend.........THE RAMMSTEIN CONCERT!!!! I was more excited than a 10 year old girl at a Backstreet Boys* concert! (*or whatever the kids are listening to now, I wouldn't know, I'm gettin' old up in here!) Rammstein has only come to Canada once before; they played in Montreal (my favouite!) in 2010 and I was not able to go. I was super excited to hear that they were coming to a city so close to me! The icing on the cake was that Combichrist would be the opening band so I would finally get to see them live. They've played where I live before and in the city where I'm moving, funny thing was that I happened to be in the opposite cities on the days they were playing last time! LAME!

Anyways, enough of my endless rambling, on to the makeup! I thought I'd throw some German out there in this post just to make it extra "special" (clearly, I do not speak German, but I'd love to learn!) I suppose I know the odd word here and there.......

I wasn't that happy with how this turned out. I had forgotten to bring a black pencil to use as a lipliner and for my eyebrows and all I had was UD Oil Slick which wasn't quite right. Also, my silver eyeliner AND black eyeliner were getting to the end and were a bit clumpy so that kind of screwed things up. I rather overblended in the eye shadow department as well and got some "balding" going on. I am clearly a bit rusty in the goth makeup department; I think my brain has been damaged by too many work safe looks.

GESICHT: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

AUGENBRAUEN: ARGH I was very crabby as I forgot my black eyebrow pencil so I used the only black eye pencil that I had (other than Perversion) which was UD 14/7 Glide on Pencil in Oil Slick. Glittery black eyebrows don't look very good. What kind of goth girl goes travelling with ONE black eyeliner pencil??? FAIL!

WANGEN: Evil Shades Blush in Skon.

AUGEN: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid - A silver shadow from the Jane Cosmetics quad in Chicago.
Outer V - NARS Night Breed.
Inner Lid - Bobbi Brown Sparkle Eyeshadow in 17 Black.
Browbone - Light silver shadow from Jane Cosmetics quad in Chicago.
Upper Lashline - Maybelline Liquid Eyeliner in Black, Maybelline Line Stiletto, Geisha Ink eyeliner pen (because I screwed up and I used this to correct it!)
Lower Lashline - Avon Daring Definition Gel Eyeliner in Black.
Upper and Lower Lashline - Lise Watier Precious Eyeliner in Silver.
Waterline - UD 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Perversion.
Falsies - Random Halloween ones on upper and lower lashes applied with Duo Lash Adhesive in Dark Tone.
Mascara - Maybelline One By One.

LIPPEN: UD Oil Slick to line (argh!), MAC Black Lipmix as main colour, and L'Oreal HIP pigment stick in Dazzling was used on the inner lip.

DAS MAKEUP

Not all products in the picture were used.
DIE AUGEN




MEIN GESICHT


I just thought I'd note that my makeup turning out somewhat poorly was NOT due to pre-drinking in this case! I sipped in a very ladylike manner upon a double rye in diet coke WHILE doing my makeup, not before! ;)

DIE KLEIDUNG


I decided to go au naturel in the hair department for this particular goth look. Being that it was a concert and I'm already tall enough with these huge boots on, I figured that adding a bunch of hair might be a bit rude to those behind me. The hotel I was in had really hard water and it made my hair go all weird. This was very irritating! I wanted my fake hair!

The underbust corset (which I wear all the time) is by Deadly Dichotomy Designs. I got it from Deadly Couture in Vancouver. I met the girl who makes them out at a goth club the night before! She was gorgeous and super nice!

DER SCHAL


I wanted to get a band T-shirt after the concert and so did my fiance. He got an awesome button up work shirt! Since I don't really much like T-shirts, I became quite excited when a scarf caught my eye! I love scarves! I wore it over my jacket to go to the Rammstein after party where a bunch of people went to dance to goth industrial music. It was a great night.

If you'd like to hear a bit more about the concert or see some pictures, you can click here! I didn't include them in this makeup related post as I'm not sure how many other Rammstein fans are out there.

13 comments:

  1. This looks so cool! And, btw, I adore Rammstein!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! I actually really like the glittery brows and I love Rammstein, I love your lashes and I love the black and silver lips! The scarf is so cool :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never seen a concert-swag scarf before. Love it!

    I don't think I've ever done good makeup before a show. I'm always too "OMFG YAY" to get it right. Yours looks really, very awesome, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy shiznits you did sweet ass makeup! Halloween lashes rule. I think I have those ones too *must dig through the chaos that is my vanity area*
    I love that skirt!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have the best outfits...I love the corset! And those lashes are awesome too:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WHOA! Awesome news! I used to work out to Rammstein- I kid you not. And you have a way with both liner and eyelashes that impresses me. I show your posts to my husband sometimes and he agrees. The lashes are wicked :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. *flails* I FRIGGIN LOVE YOUR EYE MAKEUP. Seriously, the liner and lashes are perfect. *steals* <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMFGYOUSAWRAMMESTIENOMG. Jealous!!! Your makeup is perfect and your hair is awesome! Also 'DAS MAKEUP' made me laugh!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is so freakin' awesome ! your makeup is so perfect ... yeah , love it !

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awww so lucky! The closest Rammstein's ever come to here is about 3 1/2 hours away, on a work night so that was a no go! You looked awesome, though!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Best concert i ever been to was Rammstein one. I love them!

    ReplyDelete