A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, June 27, 2011

NSFW: Neutral Eyes with Red Lips

ARGGGGGGGGH! That was a "special" week! Last Friday, the moving truck came to take all my crap to a new province and a new townhouse that is WAY bigger than my horrid little apartment and a new job! I have been living in Saskatoon for the last 8 years going to school and I hated it there and I hated University! I was, however, sad to leave a really good friend that I had made there :(  I went to my hometown of Regina to visit family and friends before I moved and then arrived in my new city on Monday. My stuff didn't come to my new place until Wednesday, and I had no internet until Thursday. I missed so many sweet posts and it is taking me forever to catch up! (You may notice my late as f**k to the party comments!) We also had to buy a bunch of new furniture (woo-hoo, there is an IKEA here!) as we had thrown out a bunch of old stuff and we're still not done unpacking yet. That little rant makes me sound like I'm quite crabby but actually I am enjoying this new change and my cats LOVE all of the space that they have to play in! Everything is good!

ANYWAY, today was the first day of my new job so I thought I'd post an old look that I took a picture of before work one day a few months ago. I wanted to try out my new MAC New York Apple lipstick so I just threw it on and wiped it off before work just to see how it looked! I call this "NSFW" because the makeup look is one of my go-to's for work, minus the lipstick. A bright red lip at my work would be, well, NSFW. Also, Sonia from Red Lips, Black Hair recently described a red lipstick as being NSFW and I loved it! This look actually sort of reminds me of her style. .........

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

CHEEKS: Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Pinup.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

LIPS: MAC New York Apple lipstick.

EYES: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid, Crease, Outer V - NARS Tzarine eyeshadow duo.
Lower Lashline - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Uzi.
Inner Corner - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Midnight Cowboy.
Waterline - Urban Decay 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Perversion.
Upper Lashline - Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Upper and Lower Lashes - Maybelline One By One Mascara.

THE EQUIPMENT



THE LIPS

MAC New York Apple - The red looks really orange-y in these pictures for some reason, but in real life it is actually a pink leaning red. It is a bit more subtle than the reds I would usually choose....classy!
THE EYES








THE LOOK

 



I NEED A COFFEEEEE!!!!!
Also, I see that several new followers have joined while I was away! Hello there! Thanks for checking out my blog!

17 comments:

  1. woohoo! congrats on your new home and job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to see you're back. Love this look. Sonia inspired me to do red lips and neutral eyes, too. She rocks! =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. This pretty much sums up my everyday makeup ^^ I love it <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. *tiptoes in* *steals NARS duo* *tiptoes away*

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this on you! You pull off vintage so well yet you can also pull off the more gothy looks, lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. New follower here! Adore the cat eye on you. I wish I could get my lines so precise! And the NSFW had me laughing pretty hard, I must admit. I was worried what I might stumble across but I was pleasantly surprised.

    Meredith Jessica,
    http://pigmentsandpalettes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty! The lipstick is lovely and once again I'm jealous of your eyeliner skills! I hope your new job is going well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love love love NY Apple- it has a little spice to it that keeps it interesting and works on so many skin tones. You wear it well! Congrats on the new place and hope your kitties enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like it! I'll admit I often go to work being NSFW, luckily they're too focused on -other- dress code violations (nothing about makeup in our handbook anyway, hehe)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on the move and the new job! And you forgot to mention that there's a Sephora near you! Awwwww you did a Sonia look, YAY!! You look gorgeous! Totally *is* very me!<333 :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope your new job goes well :)

    Awesome eyeliner as always (so jealous!) and that lip colour is really pretty, it's a different kind of red than I'd typically reach for :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOOHOO IKEA!!! :D Man I miss that place. Like furniture candyland yo.
    That's a super pretteh lippie!

    ReplyDelete
  13. your winged eye is super sexy!!! I love the extreme curve, it's so retro glam!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. seriously awesome make up looks! i wish i could do make up better...



    myblissisthisway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thats really nice :))) love the eyeliner

    ReplyDelete
  16. Speaking of being late to the f***ing party... Haha, not sure how I missed this post earlier, but I love this look... Too bad you can't wear red to work, that is so unfair! It's classic! Someone needs to school your bosses on how to appreciate makeup :P

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I'm sorry, late as f*** to the party. I get my uses of expletives mixed up sometimes. I'll just cover all my bases here.

    ReplyDelete