A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Monday, August 1, 2011

Brash, Bold, and Brazen.....With a Little Bit of Crazy on Top!

My schedule has been a little bit erratic lately as I am working a lot and working in different locations. I am also still dealing with finalizing some of the crap that needs to be taken care of when one moves. I don't know if I'm coming or going half the time these days! I'm sort of feeling like I'm going a bit crazy.......which reminded me of a certain makeup look I did awhile back. This particular not-so-wearable look is the result of extreme boredom leading to slight insanity while studying for my licensing exam a couple months ago. I decided to pull out a whole bunch of bright eyeshadows and see how many I could put on at once! (I had also just received an order from Evil Shades and wanted to try out my new eyeshadows!) I thought it would be fun to mess around with colour placement and then slap on some bright cheeks and lips for sh*ts and giggles. Upon looking at these pictures, I realized that not only am I in desperate need of a haircut, but I also add to the crazy factor by sporting my pyjamas (which incidentally consist of a T-shirt that is too big for me which reads "I'm CRAZY for career fairs!!" Oh, my. Anyway, here's the look.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Brazen. (NOTE: This shade can actually be quite wearable when not applied by one who is slightly losing their mind!)

LIPS: Evil Shades Hardcore Lips in Not Your Barbie.

EYES: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid - Evil Shades eyeshadow in Nightshade.
Inner Corner and Lower Crease - Sugarpill Chromalust in Paper Doll. Also used MAC Pigment in Neo Orange as a liner.
Lower Crease -  A tiny bit of Sugarpill Chromalust in Weekender.
Upper Crease - Evil Shades eyeshadow in Lucia (Oh my f*ck, do I ever love this colour!!!!)
Outer Lid - MAC Pigment in Brash and Bold.
Outer V - Evil Shades eyeshadow in Nymphette blended into Sugarpill Chromalust in Darling.
Waterline - UD 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Perversion.
Upper Lashline - Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Lower Lashline - Sugarpill Chromalust in Absinthe used as an eyeliner and MAC Reflects Very Pink Glitter used as eyeliner.
Upper and Lower Lashes - Maybelline One By One Mascara.


THE EQUIPMENT

 

THE EYES








THE LIPS


THE LOOK



I just wanted to say thank you to all of the lovely ladies who have been commenting on my blog! Also, thank you everyone who has been making suggestions regarding nail care/nail polish! It has been extremely helpful to me!! :)

22 comments:

  1. "I pulled out a bunch of bright eyeshadows and see how many I could put on at once!"

    That's BRILLIANT! It really is! And I think you actually made it quite wearable! I really love the bright cheek color you paired with it too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW that's a whole bunch of colors :D , It turns into a nice colorful look , i love it !

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eyes look like a psychedelic kaleidoscope!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, holy HECK this is beautiful. Your eyes are incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy hell, this is awesome! I love the shape and the colors. It's so bright and interesting. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOWOW
    That is awesome! So lovely :) One day I will own that much Sugarpill ;)
    Your eyes are a lovely shade of brown!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my this is amazing!! So bright :D Makes me feel happy haha ^^

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the eye look, and how all the colors keep their original intensity without blending away so much. It's totally gorgeous, especially that shock of pink/coral (I can't quite tell) on the inner corner.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ahmagaaaaaaaaaaad, I love love love it! The placement of the colours...everything! Wheeee!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I totally love doing this, though I haven't in a while. I'll be staring at a hot pink shadow and then be like... you certainly belong all up near my brow bone! Then I just get worse and usually look like a mess because I don't think to do it in an awesome shape like yours.

    ReplyDelete
  11. AHHHH, I love it! It's so bright and pretty!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOVE THIS! What a fun look! So many colors and so pretty! The blush looks great on you! Your hair is so cute, makes me want to go back to a bob!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOVE this with the bright cheeks and lips, and Lucia looks awesome in the upper crease. And LOL you're hilarious <3

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy sh*t! Wow! You're so freaking good! You look amazing! Hooot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, this is awesome, I love it! So many colors! That blush is super-flattering on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  16. wow another stunner!!! I love your creativity and the freedom of your stroke--you are an artist!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. this is WICKED cool! love the lip color....what a fun combo on the eyes, i've never done a look like that.

    ReplyDelete
  18. It's completely crazy but I like it! I think you pull it off nicely. This could prove an interesting challenge: how many colours can one person incorporate in one look?

    ReplyDelete
  19. wow such cool colors you applied, it's crazy and so much fun, kind of reminds me of your galaxy wallpaper :D

    ReplyDelete
  20. ohhh..SOoo much colors..love the placement of colors and it looks fab!!! :)

    ReplyDelete