A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Vibrant Summer Sunset

How's everyone's Wednesday going:? I, for one, actually have the day off. WOW, thanks so much work! I always love a good Wednesday off.  I'm just sitting around in my pyjamas drinkin' boatloads of coffee and dyeing my hair. Then I'm going to continue to catch up on my dashboard (I'm 4 days behind, what else is new), take some pictures of new makeup, work on an upcoming review, pick up some more primer from the MAC counter, depot some old UDPP's, and go to the gym. Then I'm going to pick out an outfit, re-string some dreads, do my nails, and get my makeup ready for Friday night. I need to have this stuff ready for when I get home from work as there is an awesome goth concert on Friday and I can't be late! From showering time to full on makeup, outfit, and dreads, it can take me two hours (even more the odd time) to get ready! One must be prepared in advance.

Anyway, this summer I've seen many lovely ladies do sunset-inspired makeup looks. I thought I'd contribute a couple of them. Today's will be a vibrant, summery look. Tomorrow's will be a bit darker.....

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Ravishing.

LIPS: MAC Candy Yum Yum lipstick with Rimmel Kiss Off Lipgloss in....8177?? It appears to not have a name.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Inner Lid: Silk Naturals Madison.
Middle Lid: Silk Naturals Watermelon.
Outer V: Persephone Minerals Pink Sugar Heart Attack.
Crease: Persephone Minerals Apricot Lush.
Browbone: Persephone Minerals Cloudberry.
Inner Corner and Lower Lashline Persephone Minerals Seahorse.
Waterline: UD 24/ Glide-On Pencil in Perversion.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Upper and Lower Lashes: Maybelline One By One Mascara.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS



I think the sparkly orange Rimmel gloss looks kinda neat over CYY.

THE EYES










THE LOOK

I looked really stupid in all of the pictures that I took for this. Behold: the least stupid looking one! Still not so great, actually.
Sorry if this post is somewhat lacking in coherence. My husand sort of guy works from home when he isn't on site. His "office" also contains my computer. He silently worked on his computer all day until I decided to write a post. He then decided to call some other engineer person so he could loudly yap about automated systems and various other crap. He mumbles all day long but for f**k's sake is he ever LOUD and ANNOYING on the phone! It is really hard to write about makeup with a bunch of engineering crap being blasted in your ears!!

18 comments:

  1. This is freaking awesome. I love the colors. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I haven't done a sunset. I ought to...

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should have put on that perfume from a few posts back. That way he'd need to leave the office for a bit and give you some peace, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, love what you did here. I always love pink!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really really really love the colors you choose !:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This emberglow peach orange is all over the place lately. I'm about to do a look in these colors as well so this is very inspirational, great post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like a busy day for you! Can't wait to see how your Friday night look turns out! This sunset looks is awesome! Love your thick liner!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a gorgeous sunset look ! I love the colors u used :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hot dang I love this combo, especially with the lips! I love how you do your liner as well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a great take on the sunset colors! Love Candy Yum Yum on you too, especially with that gloss!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the winged eye look. So fab!!!
    Do drop by my blog sometime.
    Would love it if you follow too...
    Fashion Panache

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your days off sound pretty busy :) I love the look: I'm in love with the orange color on the eyelid. Also: the middle lip picture is my favorite. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love love love how you line your eyes, you've gotta do a tutorial on your cat eye--it's so fierce!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. i especially love the peachy color on the eye...you are such a pro at the liner! fab wing

    ReplyDelete