A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, September 15, 2011

A Look For Going Out Featuring MAC Rebel

MAC's MAC Me Over collection came out awhile ago and there were four lipsticks that caught my eye: Runway Red, Prince Noir, Smoked Purple, and Rebel. These all looked like great colours for fall and I was drooling over them when I realized something.......I got Rebel months ago when I Back 2 MAC-ed a bunch of old foundation bottles! SWEET! Then I realized I even had a look I did with it in my blogging pictures folder! DOUBLE SWEET! Since I am planning to go and Back 2 MAC for one of the other lovely shades I just mentioned later on, I thought today would be a great day to post this look! I can't believe I forgot about it......perhaps I should tone it down on the makeup purchases. Anyway, this is a look I did for going out with some friends from my home city before I moved.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: MAC Mineralize Blush in Two Virtues....another thing I bought and kind of forgot about!

LIPS: MAC lipstick in Rebel.

EYES: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Eyeshadows -All from Sleek Sparkle Palette
Inner Corner: Gold Ribbon with gold glitter on top from the NYX glitter cream palette in Royal Violets.
Inner Lid - Star Light
Outer Lid - Glitz & Glamour
Crease and Outer V- Noir
Upper Crease - Cranberry
Between Liner Wings - Cranberry blended into Gold Ribbon

Upper Lashline and Wings - Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner
Lower Lashline - UD 24/7 Glide On Pencil in Oil Slick

Lashes - Maybelline The Falsies Flared Mascara


THE EQUIPMENT



THE LIPS


I really adore this colour. I find that pink lipsticks attract me because I love pink but they never seem to be particularly flattering on me. I think this one actually goes rather well with my colouring and skintone.

THE EYES






THE LOOK



OUTFITS!


My Outfit:
Dress (which is too short/too small/too low cut for me but I'm wearing it ANYWAY): ONLY
Faux Leather Jacket: ONLY
Tube Top (under dress to prevent excessive cleavage): American Apparel
Shoes: Le Chateau
Fishnet Stockings: Walmart
Waist Belt: Le Chateau
Necklace: Le Chateau
Watch/Bracelet: Nixon

I'll leave you with a very "special" picture of myself that I found whilst going through these photos:

This IS mah smile!

Have a "special" day!

15 comments:

  1. MAC Rebel, you must be mine. As for the eye makeup... Wow, just wow. So pretty! Love the double-wing thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha, I love the last picture! You do look "special"! ;-) Red and black look so amazing together. Rebel looks great on you, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the double wing and that waist belt is awesome, can't believe it's from Le Chateau! The time I went in there all the 'satin' scared the cruuuup out of me.

    Rebel looks way pinker than I thought it would, suits you to a t though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want both rebel and your outfit!!! look at you hot mama :D very nice girl, very nice


    Vonnie of Socialitedreams.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all that sparkly eyeshadow and Rebel is stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You always have the best eye liner :) That outfit is incredibly awesome - esp the shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the color placement of the red/maroon shade! The lipstick really goes well with this look. And it looks like a great color! Cute dress and jacket!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE when you find makeup you had forgotten all about, it's like finding $20 in your jeans! Plus you look super hot in that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah badass look , i LOVE it and i love the double winged liner !!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. your outfit is stunning--i'm so leopard obsessed!!! love the inner corner on the eye and the double wing is perfection!!! great job as always :))

    ReplyDelete
  11. ARGH why does MAC Rebel look nice on everyone but me?! Not fair D:

    Also, your outfit is adorbz.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mmmm Rebel is delish on you! I love the eye makeup as well -- you do your eye shape so awesomely! The dress is ADORABLE.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Your smile is beautiful! hahaha and your pose in the outfit shot is so cute (the leg lift gives it that adorable cute edge ;) )

    I love finding makeup but feel the same way-- if I'm forgetting I own things I probably don't need more. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ahhh I love the liner and the lips and your aeesome face pulling powers :D

    ReplyDelete