A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, September 9, 2011

Toxic Sunset

I was saying in a previous post that I had seen many sunset inspired looks this summer. After I did my Vibrant Summer Sunset look, I decided to try and do a dark sunset look. It was kind of inspired by the idea behind the Illamasqua Toxic Nature collection. The makeup pictures were supposed to reflect how unnatural everything and everyone would look once the whole planet is polluted and radioactive in the future...or something. That's kind of what I got out of it anyway. This is how I think a the colours of a sunset would look reflecting back at us from the oily black surface of a toxic ocean at the end of the world!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencils in Medium Brown and Soft Black.

CHEEKS: The tiniest bit of MAC Coygirl blush.

LIPS: Evil Shades Deviant Lipstick in Fateful with Medusa's Makeup Big Bird Eye Dust blended in the middle of the lips. Then I used MAC's I Want Candy Dazzleglass Creme over the yellow eyeshadow and Evil Shades Hardcore Lips in Astrea's Embrace over the lipstick.

EYES: Base: UDPP with MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre over top.
Middle lid: Sugarpill Buttercupcake.
Outer-V and Inner Lid: Sugarpill Poison Plum and a black eyeshadow that is not in my equipment picture but I'm assuming it was NARS Night Breed.
Browbone - Sugarpill Tako, also not pictured.
Upper Lashline - Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Lower Lashline - UD 24/7 Glide on Pencil in Rockstar with a little bit of Geisha Ink.
Wings of Lower Lashline - Avon Daring Definition Gel Eyeliner in Black. Sugarpill Tako and Buttercupcake were blended out between the wings.
Mascara - Maybelline the Colossal.

I think I put way too many pictures but I enjoyed how this turned out. I need to crack this one out again for the goth club one of these days.


THE EQUIPMENT

 

THE LIPS


I kind of messed up when I was applying the glosses over the lipstick and eyeshadow. It kind of looked better before but what can you do?

THE EYES












THE LOOK



This look was done during a study break when I was preparing for my licensing exam awhile back. I ended up going to the gym later in the day and thought about taking the makeup off first. I took the lipstick off but left the eyes on and OF COURSE I had to run into someone from my university class. She looked at me like I had lost my mind! I suppose she wasn't entirely off.......

21 comments:

  1. Oh my gorgeous lip combo! What, that's not a saying?

    Lovely makeup. I totally dig your *amazing* creativity!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lip combo is awesome! I love how it ties into your eye makeup, too :D It is a great representation of "toxic sunset."

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this! Something I'd totally wear!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG! Amazing you pull this off so well, you're so artistic! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE IT! So gorgeous. You are amazing and all that good stuff, haha. Someday I'll be as good as you! (maybe) :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW! This is awesome! And if I saw someone I knew with makeup like this, I would be amazed of their talent!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sweet!!! I love the downward wingies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks fantastic! I love the colour combo on your eyes...gorgeous :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. woah, those lips are INCREDIBLE. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. HOTTTTTTTTTTTT. For some reason this reminds me of a really venomous spider or something, I think it's the yellow in the centre of the eye and how you winged out the liner at the outer edge of the eye :D love the matchy lips too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. this is absolutely captivating!!! never thought purple and yellow could look so amazing together!!! wow, i'm truly inspired :))

    ReplyDelete
  12. HOLY wow, this is STUNNING. Amazing amazing job.

    ReplyDelete
  13. OM*f*G this is just badass :D , I love the lips too , awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the eye dashes (that is not a good way of explaining it hahaha) but I love em! And I also appreciate that this is a look inspired by post apocalyptic sunsets. You win today good sir, you win! ;) (Is there an female equivalent to good sir? Hmm. Good lady sounds weird.)

    Have a good Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, WOW!! This looks amazing. Those colors work amazingly well together.

    ReplyDelete
  16. STRIPEDY. This is soooo cool!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. such a cooool look! I adore it, great ombre lips :) fab eyes too, just all works really well

    ReplyDelete