A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

The Ghost of Halloween Past: 2009

HALLOWEEN IS COMING!!!!!!!  Guess what, Halloween is my favourite holiday!! I love to dress up and wear costumes. Since I have been frighteningly late to the party at posting anything lately, I figured that I might as well post some fun Halloween pictures from a couple years ago since I am planning to do some makeup pictures when I go out this weekend for All Hallows but it will probably be Christmas before I end up posting them.

Here are some Halloween pictures from 2009! I will unfortunately be wearing this costume again because my work schedule did not allow me the time to make a new costume for this year. I won't talk much about the makeup in this post; I am planning to do a makeup post for this costume with the makeup I do this year. Anyway, I try to party with my friend Tash (who you see pop up on this blog from time to time and who makes me awesome stuff) every Halloween since we both love making costumes and going out and being hot messes. We did a group theme for 2009: BATMAN VILLAINS!!!!

THE VILLAINS

Two-Face, Poison Ivy, Harley Quinn, and The Joker
POISON IVY


I went as Poison Ivy, my favourite Batman character. I used to work in a plant sciences lab so it was kind of funny that way. I made a lot of parts of my costume, but since I am wearing it again this year, I will go further into those things in a later post.

TWO FACE


My life partner went as Two-Face. He painted one side of a black suit and tie white and wore a half black and half white wig. I did his makeup using a Kryolan Aquacolour palette with basic colours. I should have put more powder so it didn't wear off as easily but this was my first time doing makeup like this. Poison Ivy and Two-Face are together but Poison Ivy is also sometimes in love with Batman. This year, he shall be going as Batman.

HARLEY QUINN

She spilled her drink :(


Guess what? My friend SEWED THIS COSTUME HERSELF out of PVC!!! She even made covers for her boots (you can see them in pics further down). Do you know how hard it is to sew PVC? REALLY FREAKIN' HARD!! This costume came out AMAZING.

THE JOKER


The Joker was played by my friend's ex. He does not get his own picture.

ACTION SHOTS!

Who are those guys?


Is that blood?




We felt rather incomplete without a Batman. Eventually, we found one...



SEE YOU NEXT YEAR!!!



What is everyone out there being for Halloween this year? What was your favourite costume that you've ever worn?

21 comments:

  1. It looks like you had fun! Can't wait to see you dolled up for Halloween this year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make an AMAZING poison ivy - it's my fave of all the costumes. Unreal. I just love Halloween!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Totally jealous, I've wanted to be Poison Ivy for-ever, but I just don't think I can do the costume justice (which means I just can't even do it) I'm so excited to see what you do with it this year!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'ma be Robin from Batman; the Dick Grayson version. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love how y'all managed to find a Batman to whoop. Hehe.

    Sadly, I actually haven't Halloween'd in a long time. I just enjoy seeing what everyone else does.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You looked so hot as Poison Ivy <3 You guys were such a great Halloween group!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You looked amazing as Poson Ivy! I'm going to be a Zombie this year, I can't wait! x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This year I'm transforming into the Beldam from Coraline, her "other mother" and my 8 yr old is Coraline. Should be fun, plus I LOVE Neil Gaiman ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE THAT WIG. Wow! You look great at Poison Ivy. Nothing wrong with a recycled costume when you rock it so well! I'm lame this year; my mother in law was here for most of October so I didn't have time to plan... we're just doing steampunk. My outfit was going heavy on the black so I bought a bright blue wavy hair wig with bangs XD

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow your Poison Ivy is just amazing! Serious kudos to you two girls for making those costumes, the Harley Q one is awesome too! Also, laahhving Batman's fishnet stockings..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Man I am totally cracked up at that last picture! Too funny! Love those costumes, what a great job you did! I am sadly not going as anything this year... reading posts about it instead ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. That looks so fun! I love the Batman girls. All of them. I think out of the villains Michelle Pfiffer won me over for cat girl though ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awesome costumes! You make an amazing Poison Ivy! Can't wait to see your pics from this year! I love Halloween, but its been a long time since I've dressed up :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love those falls!!! You looked wicked hot!

    ReplyDelete
  15. awww so cute! you guys look great!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Amazing stuff ! Bet you had a great time !

    ReplyDelete
  17. You look all so cute :D , i love your costume . I love Halloween

    ReplyDelete
  18. OMG. More pictures of the costume? PLEASE?!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Cute! Your costume is awesome. I love Batman and that whole universe...such interesting characters!

    ReplyDelete
  20. this is amaaaaazing!!! You make an awesome Poison Ivy!!! LOVE THIS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Aggghhh oh my God you all look amazing! I want hair like Harley's. And to look as good as the two of you in bodysuits :P

    ReplyDelete