A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, October 21, 2011

Mindless Self Indulgence

Anyone else out there like the band Mindless Self Indulgence? I sure do, I've seen them live in Toronto and in my home city and they were fabulous. With lyrics like "I like my coffee black just like my metal" and "Turn down the bass, and fill my prescription!" how can I not love them? Awhile ago, I did a neon-ish look based on an MSI band t-shirt I have. I also needed an excuse to use Candy Barf Barf and this was the perfect wacky look to pair it with! 

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown or something. It's brown. It doesn't match my hair. I use it when I run out of MAC Stud because it is lying around in my makeup drawer. I hate it.

CHEEKS: NARS Blush in Desire.

LIPS: MAC's fabulously day-glo lipstick with the worst name ever, Candy Yum Yum *gag*.

EYES: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Inner Corner - Evil Shades eyeshadow in Sweater Girl.
Inner Lid - Stargazer Florescent Pressed Powder in Lemon Yellow blended into Medusa's Makeup Big Bird Eye Dust.
Middle Lid - Stargazer Florescent Pressed Powder in Rose Pink blended into Sugarpill Dollipop eyeshadow.
Outer V - Stargazer Florescent Pressed Powder in Sea Blue blended into Medusa's Makeup Blue Balls *snicker* Eye Dust.
Browbone - Sugarpill Tako eyeshadow.
Upper Lashline and Wings - Maybelline Liquid Black Eyeliner.
Lower Lashline - Geisha Ink Eyeliner pen.
Waterline - Annabelle Eye Khol in White.
Upper Lashes - Maybelline One By One Mascara.
Lower Lashes - Medusa's Makeup coloured Mascara in Blue Blood.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES







THE LOOK


Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo to clip ins.

FUN PICTURES!!!

Here are some pictures from when me and my hot mess friend saw MSI in 2009! By the way, whenever I mention a piece of clothing/jewelry that my friend made for me, this is her. She's in a bunch of other posts on here, too. Anyway, I had on a huge pair of hot pink metallic Manic Panic falsies. Want to look like a hot mess? Glue those f**kers on, and a hot mess you shall be.


Me and Tash with Kitty

Me and Tash with Jimmy Urine

**************DISCLAIMER************


Fluorescent/UV-reactive makeup is not considered eye safe in all countries. Please consult your country's cosmetic regulations before using any such products in the eye area. I shall not be held responsible if you wear these products and your eyes fall out. Thanks.

27 comments:

  1. LOVE. That is all. Sh*t this eye look is amazing. I didn't want to cuss all up in your blog but have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. BITCHES LOVE ME COS THEY KNOW THAT I CAN ROCK! This. Is. Awesome. Like, x 1000.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really love that double winged liner you do! And totally jealous of your blending skills lady..

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have so much awesomeness going on here! LOVE the look you did! And I agree with you on the Candy Yum Yum, WTH kind of a name is that?!

    LOVE LOVE LOVE the outfit you had on in the pics from MSI! Freaking awesome! I'm not familiar with MSI, but I'm going to have to go check them out right now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah I love this! You pull off bright colors so well :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the look, so colourful and bright !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooh, love how colourful this look is. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holy crap I love this look! SO freaking bright. You must have entertained the crap out of people that were tripping on E, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh awesome, I love MSI and see them whenever they come to my city. ^^ My current boyfriend actually asked me out at an MSI show six years ago, haha. Totally in love with your makeup inspired by these guys :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. That rainbow eotd is gorgeous! And your disclaimer at the bottom = totally awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ayeeeee! Saw them down in St Pete when they were touring with The Birthday Massacre and Combichrist. We totally missed Combichrist, and only caught the last two songs of TBM. SIGH. But MSI alone was worth it, of course :3

    AND HOORAY AWESOME FOR THE LOOKS. I'm droolin' :D

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hahaha, "eyes fall out". Here's hoping they dont!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WEEEOOOO!!!!! MSI!!!!! MY FAVOURITEST BAND EVARRRR!
    I knew exactly what shirt you were talking about when you said neon, I saw them in Winnipeg the same year and HOLY FRIG Jimmy has insane energy. I had to google him to see just how old he was and thought the internet was lying because there is no way I'd have that evergy at almost 40 (at the time)
    I love the inner yellowness <3! It's all blended so perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  14. hahaha my comment kind of makes no sense talking about his age, makes me sound like I'm the one who was almost 40. WHATEVZ I no gud with werds :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the rainbow eyes. <3
    I wish we had more exciting gigs in this country, but no. :( I'd love to see Mindless Self Indulgence.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love MSI! I think it's super awesome you got to meet them! This look is fantastic, I love brights! Where did you get the uv makeup?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely amazing eye makeup, and I love the lipstick in combo with it. I have to be honest and say I've never heard of Mindless Self Indulgence before.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Yay another Toronto person!!! It so cool you met MSI!!
    ♥I'd love it if you'd visit my blog sometime♥

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awesome colors! I was totally a MSI fiend for the longest time. My friends and I followed them around CT/MA/RI/NY for years. I totally wanted to be Kitty, she's adorable. My music tastes have changed since and I haven't dug out my cd's for a couple of years, but that didn't stop me from quoting Steve/Jimmy's side project The Left Rights this past weekend ("I want my mustache to grow, but only on one side!")

    ReplyDelete
  20. aside from your consistently flawless makeup, you look like a really fun person to hang out with :)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. btw, I forgot to mention, you should totally submit your looks to beautylish.com or themakeupbee.com, I can see them being featured!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. that's pretty cool, love how colorful it is

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the look-- you do such pretty things with color. I'm jealous! :) And hey: I like my coffee black like I like my MEN is from Airplane. So the band making a reference... (I'm going to call it a reference ;) ) means it's an awesome band :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. i will always always love a great rainbow look :D super cute

    ReplyDelete
  25. Fantastic! I need to try rainbow eyes sometime. I've only actually heard Shut Me Up but like that one a lot :)

    ReplyDelete