A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, October 14, 2011

A Rockabilly/Goth/Pinup Fusion Look Featuring Spellbound By Jynx Cosmetics

Holy crap, I am so behind on blogging lately! I'm not just late to the party, I've pretty much MISSED the party. I'm hoping to catch up soon as I may be having some job changes coming up that will work out a lot better for my lifestyle!

Anyway, a couple of months ago (I said I was behind) I put together a little bit of a goth/pinup fusion type of look for going out to the new wave club. That is one of the things I love about goth fashion; you can combine goth style elements with other kinds of looks and pretty much do whatever the f**k you want! I found a pinup-ish dress with a touch of goth to it and paired it with some pvc heels, a pvc waist belt, my ribcage necklace, and a hair flower for a pinup touch. I think I was a little too toned down with this look; next time I crack this look out I'm going to wear some dreads and fishnets and boots or something. The goth to pinup ratio is a bit off here and I often don't wear my natural hair when going out. Also, this look could really have used some falsies. If I remember correctly, I got home late after a long commute from the middle of nowhere and didn't have quite enough time to do what I wanted with my appearance.

My makeup was inspired by my dress which has little pink cherries and black and white polka dots all over it. I tried to do something that combined all of these colours in a way that wasn't totally IN YOUR FACE.

(Note: Hereafter, I shall abbreviate Spellbound By Jynx Cosmetics as SBJ)

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

LIPS: Morgana Cryptoria Very Strawberry Lipstick with MAC Dazzleglass Creme in Totally Fab over top.

CHEEKS: Spellbound By Jynx B5. I LOVED THIS COLOUR WITH THIS OUTFIT!

EYES: Base - UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid - SBJ Impulse
Upper Crease - SBJ Saffy
Under Brow and Inner Corner - SBJ Stardust
Outer V - SBJ Pitch Black (not pictured for some reason)
Upper and Lower Lashlines - Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner
Waterline - UD 24/7 Glide-on Pencil in Perversion
Upper and Lower Lashes - Maybelline the Falsies Flared Mascara


THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES








THE LOOK

This look was brought to you by pre-drinking. I can tell by the look on my face.
THE OUTFIT


Dress: H&R
Spiked Cuff: I forget where I got this
Shoes: Pleaser
Waist Belt: Made by my hot mess friend
Necklace: Miss X
Hair Flower: Sourpuss

ARGH, I always look like a tool in pictures! My necklace is completely askance and I always have some sort of weird look going on. Maybe that's just how I look all the time....this is why I am glad I can't see myself going about my daily business, lol!

17 comments:

  1. This is sooo cute! You are one hot mama!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woooo wooo wooo! You look so hot! Love the outfit and the touch of green in the eye look. Awesome sauce!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you have a gorgeous figure! I love all the touches of green, it really pulls the whole look together, and that ribcage necklace.... WANT!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look fabulous...I love the dress :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy heck you are HOT. I love that dress. Love love love, and the makeup suits perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woah! I've never seen a LOTD quite like this one. Not to mention, I am LIVING for that necklace!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lmao, oh shut up! you are so not a tool. I love the belt/cinched waist. Pretty eye makeup girly

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bottom liner! And you don't look the least bit tool-ish- You look gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. That dress is awesome! I love your hair flower, too. Pin-up, for sure! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. SUCH a cool colour combo, and OMGWTF YOUR OUTFIT IS ADORABLE. *kidnaps you*

    ReplyDelete
  11. Awesome! Love this combo of goth and pin up! The dress and outfit is amazing! And as always, your makeup rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome! Love this combo of goth and pin up! The dress and outfit is amazing! And as always, your makeup rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. that was the most dashing dress I've seen in quite some time!!! Looks like candy meets fabrics and whoops there you've got the dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The rose in your hair is ADORABLE. The color combination is just fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. your makeup! your dress!!! your makeup!!! your DRESS!!! You look fantastic!!! I loooove everything about this look :)))

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this! I agree you could have gothed it up a bit more but it looks amazing as it is. I particularly like the pvc belt with the dress :)

    ReplyDelete