A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, November 18, 2011

Makeup for the Beach

Where I live, it gets COLD in the winter. This year, the weather had actually been quite nice until recently. It is unheard of to not have any snow in November but for some reason it hadn't snowed and the weather was decent. For the last few days, it has been just ugly and cold with blowing snow and slippery roads. I don't mind snow or cold weather but when it first hits it always sucks and there is much swearing as I try to dig my car out of a snowdrift in a skirt and heels so I can get to work. To distract myself from the cold weather, I thought I'd post about the makeup that I like to wear to the beach. In the summer, my semi-husband and I like to spend the odd Sunday at a beach just sitting around and relaxing. I am kind of a pain in the ass to go to the beach with as I often like to put on makeup first and then sit under a large golf umbrella such that I do not get a suntan as I do not prefer how it looks on me. Anyway, here's my simple beach makeup look!

BODY: SPF 30 SUNSCREEN!!!! SUNSCREEN IS VERY IMPORTANT!!! I use SPF 30 because protection increases quite minimally with SPF strengths over 30 so it isn't really worth paying more for them as they are often more expensive. I like Ombrelle by L'Oreal and Vichy Captial Soleil as they are not greasy and rub nicely into the skin. Ombrelle also has a sunscreen meant for the face that is nice and doesn't cause any irritation or breakouts when I use it.  It also can be worn under makeup.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime (this product is available with SPF 15 as well)
MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation with SPF 15 in NC15 (I had avoided the sun enough this summer that I didn't even need to crack out my NC20!)
MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15

BROWS: Annabelle Eyebrow Pencil in Medium Brown.

CHEEKS: A generous amount of Hard Candy Blush Crush Baked Blush in Pinup to give me at least SOME colour.

LIPS: GOSH Soft 'n Shine Lip Balm with SPF 15 in 41 Kiss.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid: Stila Kitten eyeshadow.
Liner: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Lower Lashline: UD 24/7 Liner in Midnight Cowboy.
Mascara: Maybelline One By One.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS


THE EYES


THE LOOK


My bathing suit of the day was a one-piece, vintage-inspired (it has a little skirt at the bottom) cherry print number from Pin Up Girl Clothing.

Keep warm out there! How's the weather where you are?

12 comments:

  1. Adorable! It's the bathing suit part of going to the beach that holds me back, but I do like to imagine myself going, lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look great, hope you had fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooft I like the lips! I like to keep it nice and simple going to the beach too, though I'm known at my local swimming pool as the 'Dita Von Teese lookalike that swims with red lipstick and eyeliner and manages to come out with her makeup still perfect'.... I get a lot of dirty looks actually, all the old women are like WTF?! I've just realised after saying I like the lipstick that I'm pretty sure I have it! Time to dig it out me thinks..

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable! I love the thought of thinking about the summer despite the cold. I hate cold. Why do we live in cold? Why? You know we both made the choices to stay where we are. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. teheeee wishful summer thinking doesn't work for me. Freezing my arse off at the bus stop ensures I'll not forget I live in winterpeg lol. We got kind of lucky with weather so far, it only started snowing winter-style today but I got my uber puffy Canada Goose bomber to keep me cozy for the next like 5 DAMN MONTHS OF THIS CRAP :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. So are just now getting some colder weather where I live. But we are low elevation and don't get much snow. But I work in the woods and absolutly HATE snow! Yeah, try walking around in it in the hills :( Therefore I HATE recreating in it too. Beach makeup... what a great distraction! Love the simple look!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boiling! The Aussie summer is on its way. You looked incredible. I admire anyone with the patience to apply makeup before going to the beach! But I guess if you're not plunging yourself in the ocean, it makes sense. I don't wear a lick of makeup to the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice !! In Belgium it's pretty warm for the time of the year : 12°C right now. Last year it was already snowing !!
    If i go to the beach on vacation i always wear some waterproof mascara and eyeliner , sometimes a bit of sparkly gloss :D I always need something sparkly , haha

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cute! Very summery and fresh :D I like the lip color a lot. It's cold here, unfortunately, though not as cold as other places in the world, I'm sure.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looooove the lips! I wish I could wear that much makeup to the beach, but I sweat like a man and it would slide off my face instantly >:D

    ReplyDelete
  11. You look amazing! I wish I could look so good going to the beach :D

    ReplyDelete