A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, December 21, 2011

A Different take on the Classic Xmas Party Look

A couple of weeks ago, I attended my significant other's work Xmas party. I was GOING to behave and buy a nice, jewel-toned, classic dress and do sparkly, classic makeup with a nice berry/red lip. However, when I was at the store looking for a dress, the one that caught my eye first was a little bit different than what I was originally going for. I didn't have much time to go shopping for a new dress so I went to the Le Chateau outlet store to try to find a good deal. I actually found the dress for less than $40 and the shoes for less than $25 which was a lot less than you would pay at the actual Le Chateau store! SCORE! Since I was running short on time, I grabbed the first colourful and loudly patterned dress that I saw and tried it on and it fit! YES! Anyway, here is a look for an Xmas party that is a little bit louder and more colourful than one might see traditionally.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: A Hot Mess Cosmetics*** blush in Crushed.

LIPS: Lise Watier Festive Gloss in Gold.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Inner Lid: MPZ Vanity eyeshadow.
Middle Lid: MPZ Agonys Decay eyeshadow.
Outer Lid: Sugarpill Chromalust in Hysteric over top of MPZ Amacyst.
Outer V: MPZ Coffin Critters.
Lower Lashline: UD Ransom.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Mascara: Maybelline the Falsies Flared.

***NOTE: A Hot Mess Cosmetics does not actually exist. It is my makeup "brand" that I pretend to have whenever I DIY my own makeup, lol!***

THE EQUIPMENT


I just HAD to show some pictures of Agonys Decay by itself. It is the coolest eyeshadow ever! There are these huge, holographic glitter flakes in it!!! LOVE IT!!!

 


THE LIPS



THE EYES

 




THE LOOK


 

THE OUTFIT


Earrings: Aldo Accessories
Necklace: Le Chateau
Dress: Le Chateau
Bracelets: Le Chateau
Tights: H & M
ShoesL Le Chateau

If I look superbly pissed off in these photos, it's because I was. I asked my other half what time I had to be ready by as others were picking us up to give us a ride. He misquoted them by HALF AN HOUR so I had to RUSH my makeup and hair and rush to take pictures as well. Then we came out late and it made ME look like an @$$hole even though I would have been ready on time for the time he told me!!! ARGH!!! MEN!!!!! Thank goodness there was an open bar at the party......

16 comments:

  1. UGH! I HATE being rushed more than anything!!! But I have to tell you, that dress is SO pretty. The color, the shape, the sleeve. You're serving straight DRAMA, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww no need to be angry. You look great! I looove that dress!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ARGH whenever I agree to hang out with my Dad he'll stipulate a time, then half an hour before while I'm doing my makeup he'll ask 'are you ready yet?' and I'm like 'YOU SAID WE WERE GOING OUT AT (insert time here) THAT'S HALF AN HOUR FROM NOW' and then when it eventually is that time and I'm ready, *he's* not! RAAAAAAAGE.

    Anyway you look fricken great, I love how the makeup coordinates with your necklace and dress ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha. Hooray for open bars! I love this look. Who wants to be traditional anyway?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww, stupid guys. Even for a rushed application, you still look amazing as usual. That dress is awesome and the necklace... totally need that

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for open bars! They make my mood instantly better as well :) Merry Christmas to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the colors you chose - they're great! And the shape of that dress is awesome, I want one!!! I'd feel all...magic with the drapey sleeves :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awesome dress! You whole outfit and look is amazing! Sometimes its had to be good when you find a dress like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your outfit and look ! I love this colorcombo ... hm you inspired me ... :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. You look great, I never would have guessed that you rushed the hair and makeup! And I love that dress on you, it looks like it would be fun to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love your hair and you whole gothy blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh the colors of the dress suit you perfectly! Love the makeup as well. Nothing wrong with going 'untraditional'... also, men are FAMOUS for doing stuff like that ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the dress, the colours are wonderful! Stupid man, I hate when that happens, your makeup is lovely despite the rushing :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Aaaaaah you look amazing!!! I just adore your lime eyeshadow and your liner technique, as always... but the dress... oh that dress... swooon

    ReplyDelete
  15. this outfit is fabulous! i love it and would wear it :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. An amazing look from head to toe!

    ReplyDelete