A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Product Review and Swatches: Make Up Forever Aqua Liners

I am WAY behind on posting and super late to the party on this, but I thought I would do a quick product review and some swatches of the Make Up For Ever (MUFE) Aqua Liners. These have been around for quite some time now and you may have already seen quite a few reviews.  I thought I'd post this anyway since I have had a lot of time to test them out and I've been using them a lot lately.

THE GOOD: This product is available in 15 different colours and three different finishes: Mat (matte), Irridescent (metallic) and Diamond (sparkle). I think that the colours are gorgeous and I love how there are some shades that I don't often see in liquid eyeliner form such as red, burgundy, and fuschia. My favourite part about these is that they are FELT TIP liners! I personally prefer felt tips for my liquid liners as opposed to brushes. I enjoy thick, graphic lines and I feel that this is easier to achieve with a felt tip rather than a fine brush. The felt tips are also able to create thin lines if that is your preference. These wear really well and stay on through just about anything. They have passed my Weekday and Goth Club tests with flying colours.

THE BAD: Even though this is a great product, I am not a huge fan of the $26 (Canadian) price tag. Even though I am a heavy user of liquid eyeliner, I still feel that this price is a bit steep. (They are $23 in the U.S.)

THE UGLY: Though these liners wear well, one has to be a bit careful with one's application technique. If you happen to be heavy-handed like I am, you will quickly find out that these tend to FLAKE right OFF after they dry if you apply a very thick layer. You can see how this happened in my swatches below (see 13 Mat Black).

THE VERDICT: I adore felt tip liners and I have been using the ones I have (7, 11, 15, and 16) a LOT! They are a great way to add a pop of colour, a touch of sparkle, or graphic lines to a bolder look. The price tag is high, but if you like felt tip liquid liners as much as I do, it might be worth it for you. I'm considering getting 9 and 10 as well!

THE SWATCHES


Top Row From Left to Right: 9 (Irridescent Fuschia), 8 (Irridescent Electric Purple)

Middle Row From Left to Right: 11 (Diamond Burgundy), 10 (Irridescent Red), 1 (Diamond Gold), 4 (Diamond Lagoon Green),  3 (Irridescent Emerald Green).

Bottom Row From Left to Right: 16 (Diamond White), 5 (Diamond Turquoise Blue), 6 (Irridescent Navy Blue), 14 (Diamond Multicolour Black), 15 (Irridescent Anthracite), 13 (Mat Black).


Left: 12 (Mat Mocha), 7 (Diamond Black Purple).

NOTE: Swatches were done using testers at Sephora so some of them may appear to be a bit dried out. There are unfortunately two swatch pictures because the first time I tried to swatch them, someone had let their children run around and paint each other using 12 and 7. Being that I did not have time to wait for them to be put back, I swatched them at a later date.

Anyone else have any of these? What do you think of them?

DISCLAIMER: These products were purchased by me. This is an honest review. Questions? Feel free to visit my BORING CRAP ALERT page.

11 comments:

  1. These are very pretty! I have been wanting the red and burgundy ones, but after seeing your swatches, I realize I like 7, 12, and 14 as well! Uh oh...

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW the red and pink look stunning! I would love to try out the red one. And I shudder to think of the price here, if it's $23 USD. Yup just googled it, some places are selling them here in Aus for $35 bucks each! Jeeeez

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree that the price tag is a "little" steep for these, but I do love the amount of shades! Especially the fuchsia one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So pretty! I still haven't picked one up (can't decide what color/s I -need-) but the pink is standing out right now.

    So annoying you had to go back after those last two swatches. It amazes me every day how many more parents don't "parent" compared to when I was younger. Not saying all parents are terrible now because that's certainly not true. I distinctly remember a lot of time out's and groundings, though, where now I see a lot of moms giggle when their kid does something wrong like it's cute.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pretty and so many colors ! Never tried these , but the price is indeed a bit much ...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, definitely super pretty! The $$ is not so pretty, but thanks for the swatches! I think Diamond Lagoon Green is my favorite - very unique!

    ReplyDelete
  7. HAHA..I have the bright pink and literally had to scrap it off with my fingernail cause I couldn't get it off any other way. They last forever.

    ReplyDelete
  8. the colors are sensational, but the prices are a bit... steep?? the turquoise blue might be worth it though lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Whoa- pretty colors! But the price... ouch!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my gawwwwd, I'm so jealous you have all of these.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ahh those are so pretty! I want 8,9 and 10 desperately now!

    ReplyDelete