A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Saturday, December 10, 2011

YOU JUST GOT NAILED!!!

Here are a few pictures of some nail polishes I have been wearing.  I haven't been doing anything particularly interesting with my nails but I thought I would just share anyway to show how the polishes look on. I use Gelous Advanced Nail Gel Coat as a base coat and Nicole By OPI Topcoat Plus as a topcoat (even though it sucks).

Wet n Wild Wild Shine in Black Creme with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 390 Red Carpet over top. Accent nail: OPI All the Berry Best to You with Sally Hansen Xtreme Wear 390 Red Carpet over top.


Bourjois So Laque! in Bleu Violet. Accent nail: Essie Trophy Wife.


Wet n Wild Wild Shine Black Creme Accent Nail: Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips in Wishnets.


Sally Hansen Salon Effects nail polish strips in Hot Wired. (WHY DOES THIS ONE HAVE TO BE LIMITED EDITION?? IT IS MY FAVORITE!!)


GOSH Black Passion with China Glaze Crackle Glaze in Platinum Pieces over top.


Wet n Wild Fast Dry in Gray's Anatomy. This one is kind of neat, it can look purplish, greenish, pinkish, or greyish depending on what lighting you are in. Unfortunately it's really sheer and you need a thousand coats of it to make it look nice.


OPI Atomic Orange with Nicole By OPI Black Texture Coat.


Sally Hansen CHROME in Canary Diamond Chrome. This polish is super old, I wish they still made these.


Wet n Wild Fast Dry in On The Prowl with Nicole By OPI Rainbow in the S-Kylie (WTF?) the accent nail.

I had to file my nails down so they are short right now. I broke off a couple of them and it looks funny when you have half long nails and half short nails.


Anyway, I still blow at doing my nails and any attempt at nail art I have made has ended in a giant FAIL!  I am glad that I at least take the time to file my nails and keep them nicely polished, this is at least some improvement over how bad they looked before when I used to bite them!

I've been seeing some really pretty nail colours on blogs lately. Did anyone get the Gareth Pugh for MAC nail polishes? If so, post them on your blog! I want to see what they look like!

13 comments:

  1. Lol, you got a Kardashian polish ;P
    Seriously, though, I like a lot of your combos. I've never done the whole accent nail thing, but like seeing others who do because I find it interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Hot Wired strips! Those are so freaking cool! I need to try those strip things. I love the color combos you did - I am so uncreative with nails. I just slap on two coats of a single color and call it good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, ok, I may have lol'd at the Kardashian polish, but I saw swatches of them recently and they're actually kinda nice... Shh, don't tell, I might have to grab a couple! Anyway, thanks for the nail chronicles, I am a dork for nail polish.

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the Grey's Anatomy shade, I have it too! My favorite one you did was the orange w/ black shatter! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Sally Hansen Hot Wired nail wraps- UNF. Your nails look so long and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your nails look great! Those nail strips are AWESOME; I love the red fishnet one. Try Grey's Anatomy over a black :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. When the hell did your nails get long and perfect? I looked at this post at first and went, "There is NO way these are her real nails." I recall them being a) bitten-to-the-quick short. and b) black. always. (Speaking of which, good thing m+d replaced the lino in the kitchen bahahaha...)
    Anyway, I'm seriously impressed.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got a bunch of those sally hanson chromes off ebay! you should check ebay for some :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. those green nail strips are insane--I need them in my life now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i literally lol'd at your WTF over the s-kylie thing. that was a very mmmmkay type name for it. i think i'll get the opi "not like the movies" color that's similar to the wet n wild, that way it may not be as sheer...plus it has a bit of silver shimmer ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love Greys anatomy and those lime green barb wire nail wraps!

    ReplyDelete