A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Fun with Indie Eyeshadows!

This was a look I did in the summer......I am WAY behind on my posts, blah blah, I say that all the time. Anyway, I remember looking through my stash of indie eyeshadows and picking out cool-toned purple-ish colours that I thought would look pretty together. I also wanted to try out one of my blush samples from Spellbound By Jynx (unfortunately they aren't carrying these on the website yet) and I cracked out Purple Rite from MAC Style Warriors which I love but had forgotten about. Overall, I think this came out quite nicely! I'm really glad that I have discovered so many awesome indie companies through blogging.

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: MAC Eyebrow Pencil in Stud.

CHEEKS: Spellbound By Jynx Blush Sample B6 (LOVE THIS COLOUR!!!).

LIPS: MAC lipstick in Purple Rite.

EYES: Base: UDPP, MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid: Evil Shades Nightshade eyeshadow.
Upper Crease: Spellbound By Jynx eyeshadow in Garnet.
Outer Lid: Persephone Minerals eyeshadow in Kore.
Outer V: Spellbound By Jynx eyeshadow in Blue Steel.
Lower Lashline: Sugarpill Weekender mixed with Lise Watier Metamorfix.
Lower Waterline: UD Perversion.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Mascara: Maybelline the Falsies Flared.

THE EQUIPMENT


THE LIPS

 

THE EYES








THE LOOK


What are your favourite inide makeup brands? I'm planning on trying things from Venomous Cosmetics, Geek Chic Cosmetics, and Darling Girl Cosmetics in the near future. I'd love to hear your recommendations for companies to try!

16 comments:

  1. For eyes, I love Madd Style Cosmetix. For face, Rockabetty Beauty. Lips go to Morgana Cryptoria, of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really gorgeous look, love the blush on you, and the eyes are amazing. Thanks for sharing this... better late than never!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwh you are so cute in pink and purple! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is one of my favourite looks of yours ever. Maybe bcause I'm also a purple fiend. I love all the different colours and finishes in this look. No such thing as too much purple, I say.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I definitely love Shiro Cosmetics! I also enjoy Sugarpill, Venomous, and Geek Chic. Also Fyrinnae!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I really liked the colour you got under the bottom lashes! so hard to define!! blue-pink-purple?? amazing is what it is!//Azure

    ReplyDelete
  7. I really like this look, but you know I'm partial to purple lol. I personally use a lot of Shiro, Altered Ego, Dawn Eyes, Pampered Zombie and I'd have to get out of my chair to check the rest of my stash so I'll just leave it at that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoo purple! Aside from the companies you/other commenters mentioned, I like Kiss My Sass a lot (even though I've only placed one order, I found the items I got to be pretty awesome)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I've only tried the really mainstream indie brands (haha, how's that for a contradiction? :P) so I don't have any more suggestions for you. I do like DGC tinted balms though!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow! Love these purples on you! This whole look is stunning! My favorite indies are definitely DG, Meow, Fyrinnae.... I'm forgetting one....

    ReplyDelete
  11. Vixoden <3
    You should also check out Pretty Addictions. These are my two absolute favorites.
    Chinovi Cosmetics should be starting out soon, too, they're worth checking out!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm getting six Glamour Doll Eyes shadows coming any day now and I'm so excited. My first go with an Indie Brand :) Looking forward to it. Great to try out new stuff, never know what you'll find

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love purple eye looks soooo much and yours is absolutely ferocious!!! Your eyeliner never ceases to amaze me :))

    ReplyDelete
  14. I haven't ventured into the indie makeup brands yet, I'll looking into a few different brands. I'm new to your blog and I was looking through all your post and I really love all the makeup looks you do! They're a little too much for me, but I love looking at them! Totally your newest follower!!

    Hey could you vote for me to be the next Rimmel 10? I'm Megan M. All the infos on my blog!
    http://collegemakeupbudget.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. STUNNING as always :D
    My favorites are : Darling Girl , Aromaleigh , MEOW , Fyrinnae and Morgana Cryptoria. Those are worth checking out !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh, you must try Darling Girl, they have some be-a-utiful shadows. I don't know if you're into golds, but Honey Pot is a must have if you are. Making Merry is also an epic purple, My Little Pony is soooo pretty as well. Oooh, and I've only had one small order from them, but Detrivore seem to be really good!

    Anyway I loooove this look - the eyes/cheeks/blush just all tie in together wonderfully!

    And re: Illamasqua lippies: I got two more in the post today, one is a lovely formula, and one is a little dry but not anything near as bad as that purple I bought. I've heard they vary stupidly from other bloggers so who knows?

    #longestcommentever

    ReplyDelete