A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Gilded Dragon Brocade: A Goth Club Look

Hello everyone! I hope everyone had a nice holiday and a happy new year! Today I will be sharing a goth club look that I did based on the colours of the "brocade" fabric from my outfit.  It has a red background with golden dragons and hints of metallic greens and blues. I wasn't sure how these colours would go together, but I grabbed some shadows, slapped them on, and actually quite liked the outcome! This look is a bit of a different take on my usual goth-y makeup style as it is not based on the neons of the cyber goth style nor the dark colours of a more traditional goth makeup look. Despite some rather messy application on my part, this is one of my favourite looks that I've done for awhile because the colour combination was something that I wouldn't normally come up with and it actually came out alright! I was also pretty pleased to find a butterfly hair clip that matched the reds, golds, and greens to go with my outfit when digging through my stash of accessories!

FACE: MAC Prep and Prime, MAC Studio Fix Fluid Foundation in NC15, MAC Select Sheer Pressed Powder in NC15.

BROWS: Annabelle Eye Kohl in Soft Black.

CHEEKS: Evil Shades Blush in Brazen. Do you like to do dramatic looks? If so, GET THIS!

LIPS: Morgana Cryptoria Lip Balm in Countess Bathory with Morgana Cryptoria Lipstick in Gilded Cerise over top to give a bit of a gold sheen.

EYES: Base: UDPP and MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre.
Lid: My Pretty Zombie Epistaxis.
Inner Corner: Spellbound By Jynx Crimsion Jade (light green + red shift = AWESOME)
Browbone: My Pretty Zombie Agonyss Decay blended up from the inner corner into Spellbound By Jynx Fool's Gold directly under the brow.
Crease: My Pretty Zombie Coffin Critters.
Upper Crease: Spellbound By Jynx Hepatseus.
Outer V: Spellbound By Jynx Blue Steel.
Lower Lashline: MAC Pigment in Sunnydaze mixed with Lise Watier Metamorfix.
Waterline: UD Perversion.
Upper Lashline: Maybelline Black Liquid Eyeliner.
Mascara: Maybelline One By One.
Falsies: Ghoulish Glamour (Halloween lashes).


THE INSPIRATION


THE EQUIPMENT

 


THE LIPS


THE EYES

 









THE LOOK





THE OUTFIT



HAIR CLIP:  From a goth-y store in Vancouver, I can't remember the brand.
SYNTH DREADS: By me.
TOP AND SKIRT: Lip Service
WAIST CINCHER: Deadly Couture (Vancouver)
GARTER BELT: La Vie en Rose
STOCKINGS: Leg Avenue
BOOTS: Demonia

18 comments:

  1. I love how you can so easily take inspiration from your clothes. Lovely look but don't forget to smile!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm in complete awe. I adore how you've done your eye makeup! Amazing job. Your outfit is gorgeous, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aaaah, this looks SO cool!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hnnnnngh! <- noise that outfit provoked! I love, love, love seeing your goth club looks. I miss this one goth shop in Vancouver - I think it had a tattoo parlour in it as well, and it did loads of gothic lolita and rockabilly/retro stuff as well. Sigh :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful print. You did a great job interpreting it with eyeshadow! I especially love the little extra liner shapes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! What an awesome look! Love the outfit! And I don't think the application is messy at all! I agree that the extra liner shapes are so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's such a fun look ! The entire look is so awesome !

    ReplyDelete
  8. those lashes and that outfit are waaaaaaaay awesome

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are so freaking hot! I love the liner, very unique :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is amazing! You rock red so well - the whole outfit/eyes/lips is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how you took the inspiration piece and totally brought it to life! Those lashes are killer, as well as the very cool black geometric liner :D Also, your boots. I wish I could rock boots like that.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that little triangular detail in the corner of your eyes :) And the stockings <3

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, I just saw UD posted this on Twitter: http://instagr.am/p/ecbck/ I know you want the Woodstock pencil! ;) They're coming out soon, apparently - duo-ended pencils!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! I love the makeup, and I love the outfit! Haha, I totally have those stockings, too! (And boots that look very, very similar to yours... They've got a solid platform rather than a heel, though.) And I'm going to 2nd, 3rd, whatever all the comments on the awesome liner!

    ReplyDelete
  15. INCrEDIBLe!!! This is beyond words--my favorite look of yours!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. whoa! awesomeness in lashes is what I say! Maoam! I like them, super long and super glossy! and as always, that fat liner... man it's fierce!//Azure

    ReplyDelete
  17. Man, you are just too cool, I love how your style is so fluid. And when it comes to the makeup, Y U SO GOOD. I seriously love what you did with the liner!

    ReplyDelete