A Closeted Goth Girl Trying to Make it in the Professional World

Friday, January 20, 2012

Hourglass Siren!!!!!!

I GOT HOURGLASS SIREN!! I had been lusting after this for awhile when I bought it this summer. It is such a pretty colour; it is an orange-y red with an almost pinkish gold shine to it (my pictures do it no justice, I am a crappy photographer). Also, it is METALLIC!!! I love metallic lip colours!! Despite the fact that it is metallic, it is surprisingly wearable. It looks awesome on its own and I have also tried layering it over lipsticks. It is expensive ($28 US) but the texture and formulation are nice and it wears very well and does not feather or bleed. The one thing I don't like about it is the scent. It smells like sugary sweet icing and I HATE that smell!! Also, the doe-foot applicator is hard to re-insert into the tube which is a bit irritating. There are many other less extreme colours in the Hourglass Extreme Sheen High Shine Lipgloss line but I only wanted this one because it is metallic.

THE PACKAGING


THE SWATCH


THE LIP SWATCH



ON MY FACE

Excuse the funny look. I was doing a swatch marathon and this was like picture # 10000.
Siren is a popular colour from this line, does anyone have any of the other colours? Please link to your swatches if you do, I wouldn't mind seeing them.


10 comments:

  1. Man I've heard great things about this lip gloss too! But Hourglass is indeed a pricey brand so I don't own anything by them....yet.

    By the way I nominated you for an award! If you have time perhaps you can check it out and pass it along. http://sugarbumpkin.blogspot.com/2012/01/top-10-beauty-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is the only one on my list, too - looks awesome on you! It's a shame about the smell. Why do brand insist on making lip products scented???

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have been wanting Siren for ages, too! I'm so glad you finally took the plunge and got it, it looks amazing on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. orange lips is da thing! One of my favs as well! wear it with pride!!/Azure

    ReplyDelete
  5. Also on my wish list and I actually think I wouldn't even mine the smell (I'm one of THOSE people, hehe) Thanks for doing your own pics of it. I like seeing how it comes out of different people with different styles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE a good orange lip. It takes a certain look to pull it off but you've definitely done it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not only is a gorgeous colour, but it's got an awesome metallic sheen to it! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Girl you done good! I absolutely love Siren on you! Hourglass is such an amazing brand. You need Exhibition e/s duo STAT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. you look gorgeous!!! I LOVE this whole makeup look!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. oh geez i die everytime i see swatches of this. gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete